TAMU rotation sites and expansion projects?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aboyblast2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently TAMU announced they would be pulling out of Temple since Baylor College of Medicine was taking the Temple site. And apparently EnMed has reserved spots at Methodist so the normal MD students don't get to rotate there from what I have heard. So that leaves Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, College Station, Houston Methodist-Willowbrook, and Round Rock. The website used to have information on Round Rock hospitals, but upon looking through it again recently there isn't any information anymore, just that there are "partnerships with three major hospital chains in the area".

I think one of TAMU's strengths was it's partnership with Temple since they had all sorts of affiliated residencies, like plastic surgery. Now that Temple is gone, I'm assuming their residency affiliation there is gone as well? This isn't being reflected in the medical school website at all. There is no information on the changes being made, or the website is too vague about where students can rotate. They claimed they would be expanding Dallas and Round Rock, but what does this mean? What hospital partnerships are they planning on forming?

I would appreciate anything and everything about the changes Texas A&M is making, from applicants, physicians, or anyone really. I'm worried if this will impact the residency match, and given that Step 1 is becoming Pass/Fail along with these changes, I'm worried it will all compound and decrease the quality of the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user