Target pharmacy techs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anais24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was a pharmacy technician at target cvs? Since cvs bought target pharmacy I haven't found much information on the pay or anything. Can someone who's a current technician there help me out?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello anais24
I worked for Target and went through conversion to CVS back in December. The pay should be the same as Target's if you are currently an employee

I've been a tech at target for almost a year now (through the conversion). I was a tech at a stand-alone CVS for a year before that. In Ohio, the starting wage for techs at target was $14/hr, but now that CVS is using their own pay scale, it will likely be far below that.

For example, I started out at $9/hr at CVS, and a friend of mine with a masters in education got a job at a stand alone as a tech and only made $8.40 staring out.

Not sure if that is at all helpful, but I personally think experience is worth more than pay in pre-pharmacy, and if it's experience you're after then a stand alone CVS is the way to go because target pharmacies are slooooow.

Good luck! For what it's worth I love CVS as a company :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone was a pharmacy technician at target cvs? Since cvs bought target pharmacy I haven't found much information on the pay or anything. Can someone who's a current technician there help me out?

When I interviewed for a tech job, CVS asked me what I wanted to be making. They had the computer opened up and typed in my hourly wage immediately after we talked about it. (well after they told me I had the job)

Tell them what kind of hourly wage you need, and pick a number BEFORE you interview.

Last edited:
Are you certified?
I am certified and they offered me $14.42/hr