Tattoo Removal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfgissac

Reaction score
Are there any family medicine doctors out there that own lasers and do some laser tattoo removal? One could argue that tattoos were once a symbol of individuality and nonconformity but now I feel like everyone I know has multiple tattoos. I feel like 10 years from now there may be an increase in demand of people interested in having 1 or 2 of their tattoos removed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There is little money in tattoo removal. The lasers are expensive, like 6 figure expensive, and the maintenance contracts are very expensive. Furthermore not all ink colors respond to the same wavelength so now you need multiple lasers. Medispas sell treatment packages on GroupOn so most patients are bargain hunting. Generally the only people who make money doing tattoo Laser removal are the laser companies.

Reactions: 2 users
One can buy a used laser from Cynosure which works for tattoo removal for way less the 100k.

Are there any skin related opportunities out there for family medicine providers (other than Botox)?

A minimal amount of searching will reveal this topic has been discussed over and over. For example:

Reactions: 1 user