Toenail removal workshop help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hilseb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I attended a toenail removal workshop years ago that had toe models made out of parnsips. They were really effective! For the life of me, I cannot remember what the toenails were made from. I am usually good at the Google, but I can't find any how-to guides. I am planning a workshop for our residents, and don't know how to make the models. Has anyone participated in something similar?

Members don't see this ad.

Well -- can't help you there -- if you're near a medical school or someplace with a cadaver lab, you may want to consider using specimens from the lab -- that was organized in our residency -- went over with the podiatrists on staff in the ortho department and spent an afternoon learning how to do it on cadavers -- unfortunately, the lab focused on mechanics of removal and not on indications, considerations, aftercare and potential complications. Good lab though --- for me, I worked with a really good anesthesiologist turned GP at an urgent care center who proctored me through my first removal -- no big deal, really.