taxes

Started by jok200
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jok200

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was informed that if the hospital pays a portion of my salary to the government towards my loans, that money will not be taxed, is this accurate?

Also I am trying to buy out of a contract that requires 25k before taxes, if the hospital I'm now signing with pays that money to the other group will that money be taxed?



thanks, just really confused-
 
Part 1 probably can go both ways but I'd be shocked if they did that without passing the tax to you, seems like a fair trade. Part 2, unsure, I'd ask a cpa/lawyer or even the hospital team Im sure theyve done it before.
 
I was informed that if the hospital pays a portion of my salary to the government towards my loans, that money will not be taxed, is this accurate?

Also I am trying to buy out of a contract that requires 25k before taxes, if the hospital I'm now signing with pays that money to the other group will that money be taxed?



thanks, just really confused-

its definitely income to u and if they don't pay the employer half of fica, you'll owe 15.3% tax rather than 7.65% on the payment. then you still have to regular state and fed income tax on it. It would be better to get the money in wages.

if they give u a note at a lower rate, which u payback in equal installments, then its not income and u don't owe any taxes on it. It could be as low as the prime rate I think, its not something corporate employers do though. When physicians owned their own practices it was something they would do for new partners and employees