taxes.. :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackbauer!

did my taxes today...... $831 return :) that 42" plasma tv is looking better & better :D

by the way, for those of you that have not done your taxes yet.... i recommend downloading H&R Blocks TaxCut software.......

You can download it for FREE (thanks to the promo i found when reading Money Magazine) by going to this link http://www.taxcut.com/moneymagazine

I found it incredibly easy. The only cost to you is the $15.95 to efile.

Hopefully you all will save some money by doing taxes DIY style,
jB!:)

p.s. sorry not dental related, but i think it will be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

if you're under 25 and make under $52,000 a year...use taxslayer.com. you can e-file both your federal and state refund for FREE!! ...anything free rocks! the only thing is that you have to use the link from the irs free file site.

Nice! I'm getting lasik eye surgery (in a few weeks) with my tax return. I love this time of year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to Arbys! I didn't get crap back.:(

I don't think you should thank uncle sam, you earned it.

I don't think you should thank uncle sam, you earned it.

very true. and if we all planned out everything perfectly, we would get more money in our pockets each paycheck and zero back come tax season. but i don't think anyone can deny the feeling that a tax refund seems more or less like free money :)

JB!

very true. and if we all planned out everything perfectly, we would get more money in our pockets each paycheck and zero back come tax season. but i don't think anyone can deny the feeling that a tax refund seems more or less like free money :)

JB!

What do you mean? You don't like the government holding your money all year at zero interest?:thumbdown:

What do you mean? You don't like the government holding your money all year at zero interest?:thumbdown:

One reason to claim as LITTLE as possible so you pay as LITTLE taxes as possible.

Don't ever let the government withold more of your paycheck than possible. Why do you think rich people write off their benz as a work car? Because it reduces your taxable income.

It often comes down to two choices:
1. Spend the money on taxes
or
2. Spend the money on a work related item - like a commuter vehicle with a twin turbo.

One reason to claim as LITTLE as possible so you pay as LITTLE taxes as possible.

Don't ever let the government withold more of your paycheck than possible. Why do you think rich people write off their benz as a work car? Because it reduces your taxable income.

It often comes down to two choices:
1. Spend the money on taxes
or
2. Spend the money on a work related item - like a commuter vehicle with a twin turbo.

I like choice number 2.

Here's a question....if you file for an extension or are audited and have to pay more in taxes than you did, does Uncle Sam charge interest? If so, that's lame because they can hold your money as long as they want interest free.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a question....if you file for an extension or are audited and have to pay more in taxes than you did, does Uncle Sam charge interest? If so, that's lame because they can hold your money as long as they want interest free.

Funny you ask. Last year I got my return (which was for the last two years), then about 7 months later I got another check for interest I had earned while they were holding my money from the first year when I didn't file.

The next funny thing is that they counted that interest check from them as taxable income and I was required to report it this year...WOW!

It was confusing needless to say.

Ha Ha Ha! I owed the government close to $1000 this year! They didn't get to use much of my money w/o paying me any interest, that's for sure. I've been stashing it away in a high-yield savings account earning over 5%...

If you are happy with a big "payback" of money from Uncle Sam, more power to ya. In my book, you should keep it to yourself all year, then pay your taxes if you owe.

Funny you ask. Last year I got my return (which was for the last two years), then about 7 months later I got another check for interest I had earned while they were holding my money from the first year when I didn't file.

The next funny thing is that they counted that interest check from them as taxable income and I was required to report it this year...WOW!

It was confusing needless to say.

How ironic...I have to say I'm not surprised that they'd tax you on money they owed you.

Same here, we had to actually pay extra! :( :(!

My wife and I got back over 4 grand...however it was all gone before we even got it...

The way I look at it...if I have it in my pocket during the year, I'm gonna spend it. So its a nice little bonus...if you actually get to enjoy it.:mad:

Vegas here I come! One last vacation before 4 years of hell!

I'm envious. We got bumped into a higher tax bracket this year so for the first time in my life I have to pay $1300.

Ouch.

Unless you are talking about EIC...Earned Income Credit! 3K baby! Here's to a summer vacation!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know, summer vacation money for movers. Have fun.

I'm envious. We got bumped into a higher tax bracket this year so for the first time in my life I have to pay $1300.

Ouch.

No kidding. My wife and I were thinking we were going to get back a thousand or two, but we ended up owing about $750...but I have faith the government will spend it well.

$750 Toilot Seat for the Senate.

I hope someone drops my $1300 hammer on their toe.