TB tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterchiefk57

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m looking over the standard AAMC immunization form and it has sections for 4 separate TB test readings....are we required to receive 3 additional test even if the first is negative????

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC form only requires 2 (guessing the other slots are optional if you want to include past tests) ---> Results of last (2) TSTs (PPDs) or (1) IGRA blood test are required regardless of prior BCG status.

It seems like most schools require the two step TB test

If I have latent TB am I required to be treated?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bummer, I was hoping not to have to take a truckload of abx.

On top of that, a lot of clinical sites won’t let you rotate without a negative ppd. (And then the standard quant/cxr stuff)

On top of that, a lot of clinical sites won’t let you rotate without a negative ppd. (And then the standard quant/cxr stuff)
Wait, so if I have latent TB I won't be allowed to rotate there? (since I assume my ppd will be positive even though I was diagnosed not through ppd but through a blood test [QFN-GIT])

What about if you got the BCG vaccine ? Would I be allowed on clinical sites because my ppd test would be positive . Or since I got the BCG would I have to do the blood test ?

Wait, so if I have latent TB I won't be allowed to rotate there? (since I assume my ppd will be positive even though I was diagnosed not through ppd but through a blood test [QFN-GIT])

It has to be treated.

What about if you got the BCG vaccine ? Would I be allowed on clinical sites because my ppd test would be positive . Or since I got the BCG would I have to do the blood test ?
Yes, you can do the quantiferon gold instead of ppd. No clinical site is going to ban you if the quantiferon gold is negative and you have a documented history of getting the BCG vaccine. It’s well known that it causes false positive PPDs

Reactions: 1 user