TBI & Iraq in AmCon Mag

Started by Llenroc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thank you for posting this. We need as much awareness as possible about what's going on over there.
 
I agree - TBI is getting a lot of attention both from the media/public and the military officials. I think physiatrists can play a HUGE role in asssisting the military give better care to these soldiers. I know that physiatrists from Kessler and RIC have been quoted in various news stories about post acute care for TBI patients.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/PersonOfWeek/story?id=3332550&page=1

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/448696,CST-NWS-soldier29.article

Pretty much all the media releases coming out of RIC have been about military/civilian collaborations.
http://www.ric.org/aboutus/mediacenter/press/index.aspx

some of the stories:
http://www.ric.org/aboutus/mediacenter/press/2007/061407.aspx
http://www.ric.org/aboutus/mediacenter/press/2007/061207a.aspx
http://www.ric.org/aboutus/mediacenter/press/2007/061207b.aspx
http://www.ric.org/aboutus/mediacenter/press/2007/060407.aspx
http://www.ric.org/aboutus/mediacenter/press/2007/0528.aspx
 
yeah the media is on the trail, esp in light of the VA deficiencies that were recently brought inot public. HBO recently ran a program called COMA that folllowed 4 people with TBI's who were at JFK - NJ. I am not sure if anyone else happened upon it.