TBR C/P Questions vs UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

over

Reaction score
I know most of my concepts already. Using TBR mostly as workbook. In that case should I just go ahead to UWorld instead since its made for old MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

If you already bought uworld might as well use it. It will take roughly 150 hours to go through all of Uworld so you might as well start now. When are you testing?

Reactions: 1 user
If you already bought uworld might as well use it. It will take roughly 150 hours to go through all of Uworld so you might as well start now. When are you testing?
I have 2.5 months. Finished content review for B/B starting on C/P. I dont have UWorld but I have the TBR books currently doing. I just took physics and orgo and I don't think I really need a thorough content review. Idk if I should just do UWorld since I'm essentially just practicing questions with TBR. Tbh the black white book with tons of word makes it difficult for me to read.

i would recomend uworld or any computer type qbank over a book since you will take the real deal on a computer.

If you want to do uworld/have the budget for it, I would start now or very soon. Doing the AAMC material takes about a month and some change if you're going at it for 30-40 hrs a week so make sure you plan for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely continue to use TBR as a workbook for C/P in particular. The reason you want to use TBR before switching to UWorld is that you want to already have had a first pass through the concepts with passage based practice. This will make the practice phase with UWorld much more impactful. I highly recommend students use UWorld under simulated half MCAT conditions (full section of CP/break/CARS on one day, and then full section of BB/break/PS on another). This really helps with simulating MCAT conditions, practice timing, while also rooting out content and reasoning errors.

YMMV with results from how you use these materials. I used UWorld earlier on, because it allowed me to adapt to how actual MCAT questions are written, while also serving as a content review. I made sure to dive into the right & wrong answers for each question using TBR. Most importantly, if I ever thought "I'll learn that later, it isn't hard"... I learned it now. I made review sheets for each subject with tough topics/equations that I was shaky on. I got a 130 in CP on the real deal.

Like I said, YMMV. As a poster above said, using it as full-section practice is a great use as well. Either way, definitely use it. Aside from the official AAMC stuff, I thought UWorld helped me the most.