TBR computer drill chemistry question

Started by hmania
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hmania

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so I was doing this TBR drill and was wondering if anyone could explain to me the reason why C is correct? I obviously chose D, but the explanation is not so clear.

Help🙄
 

Attachments

I think it's a typo. Even in their answer choice they mention that mass is INVERSELY proportional to the slope, so statement C should be true and not False. It also makes sense.
q=mcT, where m is proportional to q/T, which is the inverse of the slope. D actually seems like a false statement and also seems like the correct answer choice.
 
I think it's a typo. Even in their answer choice they mention that mass is INVERSELY proportional to the slope, so statement C should be true and not False. It also makes sense.
q=mcT, where m is proportional to q/T, which is the inverse of the slope. D actually seems like a false statement and also seems like the correct answer choice.

I second this👍, D is the right ans:

m=rise/run-->change in temp/heat(q)
m=deltaT/heat(q)
m= deltaT/heat(q=mcdeltaT)
m=1/mc (as stated in the explanation)

conclusion: Mass and specific heat are inversely proportional to the slope of the temperature, making D the false statement.