TBR Frustration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ztg93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently began SN2ed schedule a week ago, and I been having trouble with the TBR passages. I generally go through and read the chapters thoroughly and couple them with Khan Academy videos. Then as I take the 1/3 and 2/3 passages I'm averaging around 65-75%. I know I can contribute a little bit of my struggles to mindset or misreading, but the majority of it is just an inability to comprehend the question/answer. Is TBR just designed this way, how do the passages compare to the actual MCAT? and how have any of you improved your performances on the passages? I feel that I have the potential to average a 12 on PS/BS but I'm not sure if these results are indicator against that. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've recently began SN2ed schedule a week ago, and I been having trouble with the TBR passages. I generally go through and read the chapters thoroughly and couple them with Khan Academy videos. Then as I take the 1/3 and 2/3 passages I'm averaging around 65-75%. I know I can contribute a little bit of my struggles to mindset or misreading, but the majority of it is just an inability to comprehend the question/answer. Is TBR just designed this way, how do the passages compare to the actual MCAT? and how have any of you improved your performances on the passages? I feel that I have the potential to average a 12 on PS/BS but I'm not sure if these results are indicator against that. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

How harshly are you timing yourself? If you're doing 7 minutes per 7 question passage and getting ~5/7 then it's reasonable to say that if you had the actual ~9 minutes for a 7 question passage, then you would get another, or maybe both other questions right.

I'm also on Sn2ed, and I give myself 7 minutes per 7 question passage, and 6.5 minutes per 6 question passage in the sciences, using BR as well. I find that when I get 5/7 or 6/7, I would have gotten another if I had just taken a little extra time to think about it. I think we'll feel this cushion most when we get to the practice test stage.

I give myself about 7 minutes per passage. Unfortunately, If I don't feel confident enough with the material after the 2/3 day, wont come back to it until the practice test stage, otherwise schedule will be pushed back quite a bit.