TBR Frustration

Started by Ztg93
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ztg93

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've recently began SN2ed schedule a week ago, and I been having trouble with the TBR passages. I generally go through and read the chapters thoroughly and couple them with Khan Academy videos. Then as I take the 1/3 and 2/3 passages I'm averaging around 65-75%. I know I can contribute a little bit of my struggles to mindset or misreading, but the majority of it is just an inability to comprehend the question/answer. Is TBR just designed this way, how do the passages compare to the actual MCAT? and how have any of you improved your performances on the passages? I feel that I have the potential to average a 12 on PS/BS but I'm not sure if these results are indicator against that. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
I've recently began SN2ed schedule a week ago, and I been having trouble with the TBR passages. I generally go through and read the chapters thoroughly and couple them with Khan Academy videos. Then as I take the 1/3 and 2/3 passages I'm averaging around 65-75%. I know I can contribute a little bit of my struggles to mindset or misreading, but the majority of it is just an inability to comprehend the question/answer. Is TBR just designed this way, how do the passages compare to the actual MCAT? and how have any of you improved your performances on the passages? I feel that I have the potential to average a 12 on PS/BS but I'm not sure if these results are indicator against that. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

How harshly are you timing yourself? If you're doing 7 minutes per 7 question passage and getting ~5/7 then it's reasonable to say that if you had the actual ~9 minutes for a 7 question passage, then you would get another, or maybe both other questions right.

I'm also on Sn2ed, and I give myself 7 minutes per 7 question passage, and 6.5 minutes per 6 question passage in the sciences, using BR as well. I find that when I get 5/7 or 6/7, I would have gotten another if I had just taken a little extra time to think about it. I think we'll feel this cushion most when we get to the practice test stage.
 
I give myself about 7 minutes per passage. Unfortunately, If I don't feel confident enough with the material after the 2/3 day, wont come back to it until the practice test stage, otherwise schedule will be pushed back quite a bit.