TBR Organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whoknows87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it just me or the StereoChemistry Passages in TBR are pretty difficult , I'm having a hard time with some of the questions, I feel like even if I read the chapter I still wont be able to answer some of those Qs... :/😱
 
Compared to the other books, I actually find TBR ochem easy, missing only 1-2 a passage at the most (only up to chapter 6 though). I suppose steriochemistry would be the most difficult of them (structure elucidation if I remember correctly was the same). I guess I had an excellent ochem prof., because I find the other BR material to be challenging. Like, these MCAT problems are about the level of difficulty of some textbook ones.

I would suggest doing ochem practice problems/exams from you first semester ochem course. That way, you can conserve your practice material and you rid yourself of the time/MCAT factor. The review itself probably doesn't get you to where you want to be in terms determining steriochemistry in a timely manner. And perhaps some of the chemical techniques will brush things up.
 
is it just me or the StereoChemistry Passages in TBR are pretty difficult , I'm having a hard time with some of the questions, I feel like even if I read the chapter I still wont be able to answer some of those Qs... :/😱
If you are getting 70%+ in TBR in general, you are OK for the MCAT. TBR is meant to be hard...