Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question <---
answer:
C) 2A
A long time after both switches are closed, he current will travel exclusively through R1 because the capacitor passes no current once it is fully charged. V = IR ...
10 mV = I(5 m-ohms)
10 mV / 5 m-ohms = I = 2 amps
-------
I'm confused how the current (I) through R1 can be calculated without taking into account a parallel resistor. Why is the current exclusively going to R1 and ignoring R2? Wouldn't the current be split between the two resistors, R1 and R2?
answer:
C) 2A
A long time after both switches are closed, he current will travel exclusively through R1 because the capacitor passes no current once it is fully charged. V = IR ...
10 mV = I(5 m-ohms)
10 mV / 5 m-ohms = I = 2 amps
-------
I'm confused how the current (I) through R1 can be calculated without taking into account a parallel resistor. Why is the current exclusively going to R1 and ignoring R2? Wouldn't the current be split between the two resistors, R1 and R2?