SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

TCOM 2003 - 100% Pass COMLEX

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by cynthinh, Jul 31, 2001.

1. cynthinh

cynthinh New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    UNTHSC-TCOM
    Our Dean announced to the class that they got the results from NBOME and that 100% of our class passed!! I am so glad that the stress of wondering is over. I received an email from the registrar and it said that we can pick up our scores in their office. . So, other schools should also know how your classes have done!!

GOOD LUCK

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Izlamic M

Izlamic M Member 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2001
    Congratulations to all of your class! Fantastic! It is a relief, eh? DMU had a 95% pass rate. We've gotten our scores and our percentiles.. not quite sure how important they are/what they really mean in the scheme of things... anybody know? I pretty much tanked it - passed, but am very disappointed with my performance - but my class rank and class scores are decent - fairly good, so I'm not sure how much I should worry. Anybody know what board scores *really* mean?

I have a feeling that this is the MCAT:gpa ratio question revisited....

4. cynthinh

cynthinh New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    UNTHSC-TCOM
    Izlamic M

I have talked to a couple of people who have graduated, and went into OB and EmerMed, and they told me that their scores we not so hot, and their grades were average or lower. They got into the residency that they wanted because they felt that when they did their electives at the place where they wanted to get in, they worked their butt off, got good recommendations, and got in. So, who knows what they do, or if they were just exceptions.

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    Congratulations to TCOM Class of 2003!!! I just hope that when the time comes, I too shall pass....

Was there anything different that TCOM did to see this through? I mean anything like a reviewer course, group COMLEX study, etc?

6. Krazed_Medic

Krazed_Medic Registered Banned User 7+ Year Member

May 5, 2001
    Oklahoma
    Good Job TUCOM!

7. akemi

akemi Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow! I guess the "rumor" is true! (Gosh, I hope so :D !!!Yay!)

Popoy - TCOM started their "New Curriculum" - a system's based curriculum starting with c/o 2003! :cool: Perhaps that was the key? ;)!

8. Freeeedom!

Freeeedom! Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 21, 2001
    I am a ninja
    Congrats. That is really an accomplishment.
    My guess, is that their secret ingredient is a relatively SMALLER class size (vs other DO programs) and a GREAT applicant pool.
    Congrats to all of you.

See...captain freedom isn't such a bad guy.

9. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan

I see... maybe that was the key :)

BTW, Krazed Medic... I think you miss took TUCOM for TCOM.... they're two different osteopathic med school.... This thread is dedicated to TCOM not TUCOM.... Alrighty, good night....

10. special k

special k New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Actually, I don't think the new cirriculum, faculty, or princeton review course (what a joke of a "review" course) should get any credit for the fact that the class passed the COMLEX. To be quite honest, our class has been treated like the step-child that nobody wanted, yet we still somehow managed to pass the courses and the COMLEX. So to the TCOM class of 2003, you have noone but yourselves to pat on the back for this accomplishment. ;)

11. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 6, 2001
    According to info from our Dean, the entire class at AZCOM passed both Steps 1 and 2 and had the highest scores in the nation. I sure don't want to be the one to blow that when my time comes!

12. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Lafayette, IN
    CONGRATULATIONS TCOM!!!!!!

KCOM charmed in with a 97% pass rate. As a whole, the ONLY category that KCOM scored below the mean in, and only slightly, was psycho-social.

:cool: