TCOM - Affordable Housing within Walking Distance???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apollosrt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted to TCOM and will begin classes in August of 2000. I want to live close to the campus and was wondering if any current or former students knew of good places to live. Thanks!

Sam

Members don't see this ad.

this is something i am very interested in as well. someone have any ideas?

DO Boy

I don't necessarily know about walking distance, but there are several places within biking distance. Most of the areas immediately around the campus are residential with possible homes for rent. That would be the ideal situation, but if you plan to live alone then that could be very expensive! Other options are townhomes and apartments that are a little further away, but not bad. it all depends on how much money you willing to pay for your place. I've looked into a couple of places that are near the school and some seem reasonable. Some of the places are really, really reasonable if you get a two bedroom as opposed to a 1 bedroom. I've thought about finding a roommate, but (not to offend anyone) i am hesitant because I would be concerned about typical roommate problems. It's hard to find someone you can actually live with AND can live with you. IS the adjustment worth the lower rent? maybe..i guess it all depends. Does anyone know if most 1st year medical students live by themselves?