1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

TCOM questions

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by titan, Aug 2, 2001.

1. titan

titan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just received notice from TCOM that they have all of my application materials so I assume that they are reviewing me for an interview. To those who have been through the appl. process for TCOM.... would it be beneficial to contact them to inform them of my interest or check the status of my application? I want them to know that I am very interested in TCOM. Also, if you receive an interview, are your chances pretty good that you will be accepted or do they give out a lot of them? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cjw0918

cjw0918 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was accepted at TCOM this year and I think it's a wonderful school. I would give the admissions office 2 weeks to look over your file and then put in a call to the office to inquire about your status. The girls in the office are really nice. TCOM is usually pretty fast about granting interviews, I think. Personality and interest in osteopathic medicine are the keys to a great interview at TCOM. Interviewers are mainly looking to see if you fit in well at the school- there's a certain vibe about TCOM that you'll feel when you are there. Everyone's REALLY happy and optimistic about the education they're getting. It's a very supportive atmosphere from the impression I got. Just give the office some time to offer you an interview- I think they interview between a third and a half of applicants. And make sure you rank TCOM #1 on your TMDSAS rank order list. Good luck!

4. titan

titan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you! That was very informative. I am from Fort Worth and the ideal situation would be for me to end up at TCOM. Again, thanks and good luck to you in your first year!