Teach Physics 2 to myself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kboykb

Floetic Artistry
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...

I wanted to get Physics II over with and opted for the summer course. I got an A in physics I but Phys II doesn't compare. Needless to say my TA just took 45 minutes (in a 50 minute long class help session) to do one problem that the teacher assigned.

Not a complain thread tho - I can either drop today without a W or take the first test next week and if I bomb it drop with a W.

My question is, what is a good study source for the actual class? I know the EK books (among others) are good for the MCAT, but some of these go off of a pre-established knowledge base. Anything that will help me during the actual class?

Members don't see this ad.

Reason it takes so long to do a problem is because he has to show and explain every step, I think chances are if he's doing it by himself he'll be much quicker. Or it's a really hard problem, who knows?

Members don't see this ad :)
So...
Not a complain thread tho - I can either drop today without a W or take the first test next week and if I bomb it drop with a W.

That's stupid. The class should have the first test grades back BEFORE the withdrawal deadline. Otherwise, the W deadline is pointless. I mean, it goes without saying. You should complain to a higher-up.

People love these lectures: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-02-electricity-and-magnetism-spring-2002/video-lectures/

I haven't personally seen/followed them, but that is always the typical example people bring up when talking about OCW.

Yeah...I actually don't recommend those. People seem to find Lewin's 8.01 (classical mechanics) lectures a ton more relevant and helpful than his 8.02 (E&M) lectures. I just took E&M and tried to use those lectures to study and found them to be a waste of time.

Try them if you want, OP, but if you don't get anything out of them don't keep wasting time on them (like I did).

Okay great, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll at least check out the online lectures, but I might order that book kb09. Someone else said Portable TA Vol. 2 was pretty good also.

Evergrey it does suck.. the deadlines are pretty set in stone here unfortunately. Hopefully I won't need to drop and I'll be okay in the end

Yes, definitely check out the book. And good luck! :luck: :)