-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Teachers
Started by Foofur
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finishing my 7th year of teaching AP Biology and adjuncting at the local comm. college
i've been teaching literature and composition in the english department at purdue for three years. before that, about three years of community college teaching.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my 2nd year teaching integrated physics and chemistry to ninth graders (although I also have a class that's 1/4 "life skills" as well-- I love how I'm supposed to multitask chem/physics with counting and alphabet skills). Boy oh boy, do I ever have respect for the "lifers" in education...
I <3 my little demons, though :-D
I <3 my little demons, though :-DThis is my 8th year teaching, currently I am teaching high school Bio I and Anatomy and Physiology (Bio II). Nothing like teaching to drive you to another profession, ha ha ha. Actually I really enjoy teaching, but the administration and paperwork and NCLB nonsense blah blah blah is awful, plus the pay is crap. This is not why I want to be a vet of course, but higher pay (minus thousands in loans of course) and being my own boss will be the icing on the cake when I become a vet. If I get in next year 👍 I think that I understand science alot better now actually now that I teach it than when I was in school and just trying to get through the classes, and hope the adcoms see this instead of my age and years away from school! 🙂
This is my first year teaching high school agriculture (animal science, ag bio, floral design, etc.). Ag Ed & FFA is a fantastic program for young people and I loved it when I was in high school, but man has it changed.....in alot of schools its not ag anymore and has become Ag Earth Science, Ag Chemistry, etc to keep enrollment numbers up....not really what I went to school for 5 years to teach. When I was a student we had more hands on cool classes like Meat Processing, Animal Handling, etc. But times certainly have changed although Im not that old.