Teachers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foofur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
I noticed that a lot of SDNers are teachers! Just curious, how many of us are out there?

I am a high school biology teacher... anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Finishing my 7th year of teaching AP Biology and adjuncting at the local comm. college

i've been teaching literature and composition in the english department at purdue for three years. before that, about three years of community college teaching.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a first-year teacher doing middle school English and (inexplicably) "life skills." :rolleyes: My mother and stepfather both teach middle school, so one would have thought I'd know better!

haha- so true! Both my parents are teachers too! What were we thinking?!

Oops, duplicate post. Sorry.

I adjunct at a couple schools teaching anatomy. I'm also a hospital staff educator, but that doesn't really count.

This is my 2nd year teaching integrated physics and chemistry to ninth graders (although I also have a class that's 1/4 "life skills" as well-- I love how I'm supposed to multitask chem/physics with counting and alphabet skills). Boy oh boy, do I ever have respect for the "lifers" in education... :wow: I <3 my little demons, though :-D

This is my 8th year teaching, currently I am teaching high school Bio I and Anatomy and Physiology (Bio II). Nothing like teaching to drive you to another profession, ha ha ha. Actually I really enjoy teaching, but the administration and paperwork and NCLB nonsense blah blah blah is awful, plus the pay is crap. This is not why I want to be a vet of course, but higher pay (minus thousands in loans of course) and being my own boss will be the icing on the cake when I become a vet. If I get in next year :thumbup: I think that I understand science alot better now actually now that I teach it than when I was in school and just trying to get through the classes, and hope the adcoms see this instead of my age and years away from school! :)

This is my first year teaching high school agriculture (animal science, ag bio, floral design, etc.). Ag Ed & FFA is a fantastic program for young people and I loved it when I was in high school, but man has it changed.....in alot of schools its not ag anymore and has become Ag Earth Science, Ag Chemistry, etc to keep enrollment numbers up....not really what I went to school for 5 years to teach. When I was a student we had more hands on cool classes like Meat Processing, Animal Handling, etc. But times certainly have changed although Im not that old.