Teaching hospitals for clinicals??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mnvikings5

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello fellow SDPT and DPTs,

I am starting to look for my clinical sites, and I was wondering who has had clinicals at large teaching hospitals? Where were they at and what were they? How was your experience? My professor said these are going to be the best opportunities to see a wide variety of cases.

Just was hoping for any input that you all are willing to give!

Thanks so much!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
all due respect to your clinical people at school but there is also a large variety at a rural hospital. PTs see everything and there is no real specialization so you won't get stuck doing all total joints for a week or two, then nothing but wound care, or peds. Here I see all of that.