Tech writing for english pre-req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SoftwareKevin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure the answer to this will be "call the school" but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone already had. Has anyone been able to use technical writing classes in place of english composition classes? I have 1 quarter of english comp and 2 quarters of tech writing for my engineering degree.

Thought I'd ask since a lot of people here are coming from engineering background. In my opinion tech writing seems more valuable than an actual english comp class for a medical degree, but who knows.. 🙂
 
I haven't applied yet, but the impression I have gotten from the DO schools is that if it is marked with ENG or ENGL ( from the department) they don't care for the initial screening. As far as Adcoms go, I have no idea of course.
 
I used tech writing as one of my english prereqs. I did not apply to many schools but no one has had an issue with it....yet.