Telavancin (Vibativ) Approved for SSSIs

Started by Glycerin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

what are SSSIs? I know SSTIs, but I'm trying to figure out the 3rd S!

😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really loathe the phrase "at the end of the day...." but I must use it.

At the end of the day, I'm not pondering "when will we have more antibiotics that will cover MRSA?"

MRSA isn't the issue in my opinion. What advantage does Telavancin have over Vanco besides once daily..and perhaps coverage of VRE?

And that will be the marketing edge; once daily and less monitoring...but who cares unless it's outpatient? Will it be more cost effective than Linezolid or Daptomycin? If so, I'd consider it for VRE....

I do not foresee this drug will become a blockbuster...nor a workhorse.

Perhaps instiutions with a high rate of VRE? And for those institutions...they should ask themselves... "How did we get here?"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuMo38g7P4I[/YOUTUBE]
 
I really loathe the phrase "at the end of the day...." but I must use it.

At the end of the day, I'm not pondering "when will we have more antibiotics that will cover MRSA?"

MRSA isn't the issue in my opinion. What advantage does Telavancin have over Vanco besides once daily..and perhaps coverage of VRE?

And that will be the marketing edge; once daily and less monitoring...but who cares unless it's outpatient? Will it be more cost effective than Linezolid or Daptomycin? If so, I'd consider it for VRE....

I do not foresee this drug will become a blockbuster...nor a workhorse.

Perhaps instiutions with a high rate of VRE? And for those institutions...they should ask themselves... "How did we get here?"

[YOUTUBE]fuMo38g7P4I[/YOUTUBE]


Do you guys by chance know the structure of that drug? Just curious- I do antimicrobial research at UNC School of Pharmacy.
 
Do you guys by chance know the structure of that drug? Just curious- I do antimicrobial research at UNC School of Pharmacy.

If I am not mistaken, there is a review by Michael Rybak from Detroit that includes the structure.

Leonard SN, Rybak MJ. Pharmacotherapy 2008;28:458-468.
 
I really loathe the phrase "at the end of the day...." but I must use it.

At the end of the day, I'm not pondering "when will we have more antibiotics that will cover MRSA?"

MRSA isn't the issue in my opinion. What advantage does Telavancin have over Vanco besides once daily..and perhaps coverage of VRE?

And that will be the marketing edge; once daily and less monitoring...but who cares unless it's outpatient? Will it be more cost effective than Linezolid or Daptomycin? If so, I'd consider it for VRE....

I do not foresee this drug will become a blockbuster...nor a workhorse.

Perhaps instiutions with a high rate of VRE? And for those institutions...they should ask themselves... "How did we get here?"

****ing gospel.

Wanna go play goofy golf this week?
 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuMo38g7P4I[/YOUTUBE]

lol, I think you have too much time on your hands!

Then again, I have watched this video all the way through more than once:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pod4jIKT_kA[/YOUTUBE]
 
Last edited: