Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I went to a local Telstra /Optus stores, and they demanded to scan keep my passport just to get a sim card.
However, I spoke to two Caucasian students, and they said that they were not asked for any ID and they were given SIM cards.
Another friend of mine , went to Aldi/ Woolworths etc. picked up a pay as you go SIM card ,off the shelf , no questions asked.
So depending on your "ethnic background" you may or may not be required to fork over ID for a simple SIM card.
Try to avoid it by using store bought from Aldi, Woolworth etc.
Addendum: A friend said that Vodafone wanted to scan his face, like WTF ?
I went to a local Telstra /Optus stores, and they demanded to scan keep my passport just to get a sim card.
However, I spoke to two Caucasian students, and they said that they were not asked for any ID and they were given SIM cards.
Another friend of mine , went to Aldi/ Woolworths etc. picked up a pay as you go SIM card ,off the shelf , no questions asked.
So depending on your "ethnic background" you may or may not be required to fork over ID for a simple SIM card.
Try to avoid it by using store bought from Aldi, Woolworth etc.
Addendum: A friend said that Vodafone wanted to scan his face, like WTF ?
Last edited: