Telehealth companies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StayOnTop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience working for outpatient telehealth companies? I'm interested in the field and considering joining one, but there are so many now (amwell, doctors on demand, etc.). Looking to know about benefits, salary, admin support. Anything would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any experience working for outpatient telehealth companies? I'm interested in the field and considering joining one, but there are so many now (amwell, doctors on demand, etc.). Looking to know about benefits, salary, admin support. Anything would be helpful.
Focus on ones that do psych e.g. Talkiatry

These "man in the middle" companies are all the same. Their main aim is to insert themselves between you and the patient and take a handsome cut with zero risk (to them). Pay was less than spectular - did work with drsondemand and was getting about $150/hr - it was plagued with no shows (and they dont pay anything if patient no shows < 24 hours). There were too many barriers in trying to contact patients.
I easily made more and did less while working at a county mental center.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
why not just start your own on the side and get on 1-2 insurance panels to try on for size. Cut out these middle men leaches. Do your own billing with EMR integration with a billing clearinghouse!

Reactions: 1 user