Telehealth in PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoamCup

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
thoughts? opinions? is it a gimmick or someting legit?

Members don't see this ad.

Skype home exercises. I have no idea how reimbursement would work and it would be hard to justify since you can't correct or reeval well.

Then again telepsych is a thing that is reimbursed well. I'd imagine if that doesn't get cut then you should definitely be reimbursed for doing significantly more than just talking to people...

I don't see why it couldn't work. Obviously there are some limitations: you can't palpate and you can't do manual therapy. But you can do a thorough subjective evaluation and gather most of the data you need. Then you can use software to send your patients exercises. So if you're an exercise-based therapist, you can treat patients. The obvious advantage is overhead. All you need is a web-site, an EMR, and exercise software. I don't know if insurance companies reimburse it, but I have news for you: most products and services in this world are not reimbursed. Customers have to pay directly. Learn how to market well, and you won't have to worry about the insurance companies.

Reactions: 1 user