teleradiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rudy Guliani

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does one get into the whole overseas teleradiology scene? I mean, it sounds like it would be a pretty nice job to live over in Australia and read studies. Are there any web sites that list these kinds of jobs? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you want the Australia (or Zurich) gig, just contact Nighthawk radiology and apply http://www.nighthawkrad.net/career.htm . I believe you have to be board certified and able to get licensed in all states. A clean malpractice record is also a big plus, they have to credential you at so many hospitals, if there is a 'yes' anywhere on the staff application, it slows things down considerably time.

What's the downside to doing one of these overseas gigs? I mean obviously, not living in the US is a downside, but are there other cons about these types of jobs, because they seem pretty sweet to me.

Living in Australia or Switzerland would be an upside, at least for me.

The downside is that you are reading studies from dozends of hospitals on whose QA you have no influence. Your clinical information is even sketchier (is that a word) than in an on-site practice. As you don't know most of the referrers (except for maybe some of the high-volume ED docs), it is hard to gauge how much value their clinical information has. You are a robot that receives a study and spits out a fax, not very personable, some people say that this will increase the likelihood of people trying to shift blame on you if things go south.