Temple ACMS 2024-2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flower_scan

Reaction score
Hello! I did not see a new thread for this application cycle so I thought I would make one! What is everyone's application status? Applied? Interviewed? Accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied early January and just got the confirmation email 3 days ago, has anyone got interview invites yet?

I have not heard anything yet. Does anyone know what are the usual stats for this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my Casper yesterday and submitted the postbaccas a few weeks ago! Did anyone get a confirmation when the program received their Casper score? I know it takes a few weeks to send, but I'm unsure if we get any notification when they have it. So nervous, good luck to all of you :)

I took my Casper yesterday and submitted the postbaccas a few weeks ago! Did anyone get a confirmation when the program received their Casper score? I know it takes a few weeks to send, but I'm unsure if we get any notification when they have it. So nervous, good luck to all of you :)
you will be able to see on the casper website in about a month that programs received your score, but u won't get a notification from temple directly

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I'll be sure to check in a few weeks if LKSOM got the score.

If there are any current students in the program lurking, we'd really appreciate any tips, advice, or maybe your application timeline.

Same here, got an email for placed under review a few days ago but nothing else since, I'm really hoping for some good news for us

Hey guys I have a question. When you select your campus on PostBacCAS does that mean you do the 10-month part at that campus or is that always at philly and you're just choosing the med school portion?

From what I read and a friend in LKSOM through this program, the postbac portion happens at the same place for everyone, but you're choosing your med school campus.

From what I read and a friend in LKSOM through this program, the postbac portion happens at the same place for everyone, but you're choosing your med school campus.
Actually I called them and asked and the campus you choose is where you do the postbac and medical school with the exception of MS1 which is always in Philly, but you'd go back to Bethlehem for MS2-4 if you chose that campus!

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I called them and asked and the campus you choose is where you do the postbac and medical school with the exception of MS1 which is always in Philly, but you'd go back to Bethlehem for MS2-4 if you chose that campus!
Oh I see, thanks for explaining, sorry about the confusion. I guess maybe I misunderstood MS1 vs postbacc location from her.

Oh I see, thanks for explaining, sorry about the confusion. I guess maybe I misunderstood MS1 vs postbacc location from her.
Yea no problem! That happens regardless of whether or not you do a postbac. Like if you just applied to Temple normally you can choose which campus and if you get into St. Luke's you still do MS1 in Philly, it's not a postbacc-specific thing.

Yea no problem! That happens regardless of whether or not you do a postbac. Like if you just applied to Temple normally you can choose which campus and if you get into St. Luke's you still do MS1 in Philly, it's not a postbacc-specific thing.
Thank you :)

hi! has anyone used interfolio to submit their LORs? i submitted mine thru email to temple but i know postbaccas doesn't accept interfolio and they said they wouldn't verify my app until my recs are in. does anyone know if there's a way to bypass the lor requirement through postbaccas?

hi! has anyone used interfolio to submit their LORs? i submitted mine thru email to temple but i know postbaccas doesn't accept interfolio and they said they wouldn't verify my app until my recs are in. does anyone know if there's a way to bypass the lor requirement through postbaccas?
If it's a committee letter or a packet or something you email it, but individual letters you have to have your writers upload directly to postbaccas. You can't send them there with Interfolio the way you can with AMCAS

Last edited:
If it's a committee letter or a packet or something you email it, but individual letters you have to have your writers upload directly to postbaccas. You can't send them there with Interfolio the way you can with AMCAS
I believe as long as you send one letter through PostbacCAS, so the application can be verified, then the rest can be delivered from interfolio to the Temple postbac program

Hi, I was wondering if anyone's application was reviewed yet?

Hi, no mine hasn’t been reviewed yet. I submitted mine November 27

I received an email on November 27th saying “Your application is now complete and has been placed Under Review” but I haven’t heard anything else since.

I also got the same email for under review about a month ago, I called yesterday for an update, and she kindly said that update emails will be out in a few weeks. I wonder if anyone got interviewed yet? I think I saw in an email that they are interviewing starting February?

I also got the same email for under review about a month ago, I called yesterday for an update, and she kindly said that update emails will be out in a few weeks. I wonder if anyone got interviewed yet? I think I saw in an email that they are interviewing starting February?
Do you know if they need your Casper before reviewing your application?

I believe as long as you send one letter through PostbacCAS, so the application can be verified, then the rest can be delivered from interfolio to the Temple postbac program
ohh ok thank you!!

No I called them and they told me that individual letters have to all go through PostBacCAS. It's true you just need to have 1 to submit your application but they told me that individual letters can't be emailed, only committee letters

No I called them and they told me that individual letters have to all go through PostBacCAS. It's true you just need to have 1 to submit your application but they told me that individual letters can't be emailed, only committee letters
oh that's weird i emailed them a few days ago and they responded back to me saying that I just need to have the one through postbaccas and the others can be emailed through interfolio

previously completed the program so scan through my old posts if you have questions about stuff but if you have any questions not answered there feel free to ask

Hey, current post-bacc here! Just to clarify, people who choose the Philly campus and the St. Luke's (Bethleham) campus do their post-bacc year in philly. But afterwards, i.e. from M1 onwards, they will go to their respective campuses!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many students are in the program each year?
When I interviewed last year, they said that they like to keep the class around ~35 people and that they like to have about half the class be MCAT takers (so that there's a good group of MCAT takers to help motivate each other and study with!). that's pretty much the distribution we ended up with for our class this year :)

Hey, current post-bacc here! Just to clarify, people who choose the Philly campus and the St. Luke's (Bethleham) campus do their post-bacc year in philly. But afterwards, i.e. from M1 onwards, they will go to their respective campuses!
Oh really? Weird I heard something else. I guess that makes sense though. Thanks!

Any updates?
Hey! I have not heard anything at the moment. I remember someone said back on Feb. 27th that they have started the review process and will be sending emails soon. I am a bit surprised they haven' started emailing people yet. Either that or no one in this thread has received any emails lol.

Hey, I interviewed March 7th. They said they'll get back in 2 to 3 weeks!
Oh really?? How long did it take for you to get an interview after being placed under review? I still haven't heard anything at all since being placed under review Feb 28th

Oh really?? How long did it take for you to get an interview after being placed under review? I still haven't heard anything at all since being placed under review Feb 28th
I was placed under review on Jan 30th and got the invite on Feb 21st for a March 7th date! Since you were placed under review more recently, maybe you'll hear back in the next few weeks 😊

Hey, I interviewed March 7th. They said they'll get back in 2 to 3 weeks!
Could you also tell me what the interview process is like? Want to be prepared if I do get offered an interview invite. Thanks in advance!

Do you mind sharing stats? Also are you URM bro, wondering if I have a shot as a non urm
Sure! I'm ORM, cGPA 3.95, sGPA 3.92 at Rutgers, no MCAT (submitted SAT instead), and casper 3rd quart. They do their best not to create a high-pressure environment and genuinely want to get to know you. After the interviews, I was even more interested in LKSOM than I already was because of how kind they were. Hope that helps, and good luck to everyone!

Sure! I'm ORM, cGPA 3.95, sGPA 3.92 at Rutgers, no MCAT (submitted SAT instead), and casper 3rd quart. They do their best not to create a high-pressure environment and genuinely want to get to know you. After the interviews, I was even more interested in LKSOM than I already was because of how kind they were. Hope that helps, and good luck to everyone!
Wow crazy gpa nice! Out of curiosity why do a postbac vs just applying straight to med school?

Wow crazy gpa nice! Out of curiosity why do a postbac vs just applying straight to med school?
Aw thank you, I'm very grateful for it :)
I actually really like the ACMS program in general, I honestly just love learning so doing that in my "gap year" through the postbac while having a reserved spot at LKSOM (I've lived 10 min away from the North Philly campus alone so I know the area too and the food/places wow) would be literally a dream + getting to know friends who will basically be med school classmates. I'd rather start med school through ACMS than traditional! Sadly, if I don't get in, I'll have to apply traditionally anyway so I wanted to shoot my shot bc if I get in I will drop prewriting apps to any other school for the upcoming cycle in a heartbeat.

Aw thank you, I'm very grateful for it :)
I actually really like the ACMS program in general, I honestly just love learning so doing that in my "gap year" through the postbac while having a reserved spot at LKSOM (I've lived 10 min away from the North Philly campus alone so I know the area too and the food/places wow) would be literally a dream + getting to know friends who will basically be med school classmates. I'd rather start med school through ACMS than traditional! Sadly, if I don't get in, I'll have to apply traditionally anyway so I wanted to shoot my shot bc if I get in I will drop prewriting apps to any other school for the upcoming cycle in a heartbeat.
Damn fair enough, good luck!