Temple ACMS 2024-2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the conditional acceptance to LKSOM is binding? I am still planning on applying to other medical schools this application cycle, but was not sure if I can apply. If I do get into a better medical school, I would certainly go there, but I'm not sure if the LKSOM conditional acceptance is a binding acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the conditional acceptance to LKSOM is binding? I am still planning on applying to other medical schools this application cycle, but was not sure if I can apply. If I do get into a better medical school, I would certainly go there, but I'm not sure if the LKSOM conditional acceptance is a binding acceptance.
I heard that it may be binding bro. What I’ve heard scouring through forums and generally most linkage programs that I’ve heard about seem to be binding, but not 100% sure.

If there are any current students in the program lurking, we'd really appreciate any tips, advice, or maybe your application timeline.
I did ACMS in 2022-2023 (so I'm now an M1) and this was my timeline. Hope it helps.

2/17: Took Casper
3/17: Submitted Application
3/25: Application acknowledged as complete
4/21: Interview Invite
4/28: Interview
5/23: Decision

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did ACMS in 2022-2023 (so I'm now an M1) and this was my timeline. Hope it helps.

2/17: Took Casper
3/17: Submitted Application
3/25: Application acknowledged as complete
4/21: Interview Invite
4/28: Interview
5/23: Decision
Thanks for sharing! I recently got interview invite. Do you know how the communication happens for the zoom interview? I thought I would receive the link for the interview by now but they have not sent anything. Was also wondering if you have any general advice for interview day.

Got the A today morning :)
So excited, looking forward to seeing some of you soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! What were the interviews like?
There were 3 separate interviews the day of, 2 with temple physicians and 1 with a community member. Everyone was very kind and most of the questions asked were about them getting to know you, not trying to stump you. It's the exact same interview as LKSOM has for the traditional program so I looked there for more info and tips :) hope that helps

Reactions: 1 users
There were 3 separate interviews the day of, 2 with temple physicians and 1 with a community member. Everyone was very kind and most of the questions asked were about them getting to know you, not trying to stump you. It's the exact same interview as LKSOM has for the traditional program so I looked there for more info and tips :) hope that helps
Is it an open file interview? Do they get your applicaiton, CV, transcripts, test scores?

Is it an open file interview? Do they get your applicaiton, CV, transcripts, test scores?
the first faculty interview is open file, where they have access to all of those things. the second is a blind interview. the last part, the group interview, they will just ask questions to everyone in the interview nothing specific to your CV/transcript

Has anyone heard back after interviewing? I want to ask the timeline of when we’d get a response, but i don’t want to call lol
Also does anyone know if a 2nd quartile Casper will ruin my chances for this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back after interviewing? I want to ask the timeline of when we’d get a response, but i don’t want to call lol
Also does anyone know if a 2nd quartile Casper will ruin my chances for this program?

I don’t think Casper will be that big of a deal. I have no clue about a response I’m still waiting to hear back since I submitted my application. No rejection, no interview, nothing just radio silence. Anyone know if they are still sending interviews or if it’s pretty much over by now?

Same here I haven't heard anything either... I hope they send out an email at least about where they are in the process.

Has anyone received an interview yet? Or any app updates? It’s dead silent …

I think they have been inviting for interviews since the beginning of March, and some people who interviewed have gotten decisions back. I am still waiting to hear back after interviewing in the end of March.

I also got the A this morning and interviewed on 3/28!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! When did you guys apply and receive your interview invitations? Still haven't heard anything since applying
My application was verified as complete by LKSOM on 1/31 and an interview invite was sent 3/15

Congrats! Do y'all mind sharing stats, ECs, shadowing/research hours?
Sure!

cGPA: 3.42
sGPA: 3.41
No MCAT, submitted 32 ACT
1 year experience as CRC
Neuroscience research - 1.5 years
Clinical / non clinical volunteering - 150 hours
75 hours shadowing primary care and oncology

I notice that the COVID essay shows up twice in both the PostBac Cas and the temple secondary application. How did you guys go about answering this question? Were they different? Or did you copy and paste?

I notice that the COVID essay shows up twice in both the PostBac Cas and the temple secondary application. How did you guys go about answering this question? Were they different? Or did you copy and paste?
I personally just left the one in the PostBac CAS blank because it was optional.

Is this program rolling admission? I have my app mostly ready except for the letters of rec, but was under the impression it would be ok to submit the application later.

For those accepted, here's a group me I made! We can keep each other updated or even study for the mcat together this summer if anyone still needs to fulfill that req! Good luck to everyone else and hope to see you in the gc when ur accepted :)

You're invited to join my group "ACMS Students 2024-2025" on GroupMe. Use this link to join: GroupMe

Did you put your hobbies in your CV? And regarding the first question about your interest in LKSOM, did you discuss the ACMS program or just the medical school?
For those accepted, here's a group me I made! We can keep each other updated or even study for the mcat together this summer if anyone still needs to fulfill that req! Good luck to everyone else and hope to see you in the gc when ur accepted :)

You're invited to join my group "ACMS Students 2024-2025" on GroupMe. Use this link to join: GroupMe

Did you put your hobbies in your CV? And regarding the first question about your interest in LKSOM, did you discuss the ACMS program or just the medical school?
I think hobbies would be great to include while you interview, but I see no harm in adding them to your CV. I just referred to the medical school in my responses. Got the A on the 17th as well.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users