Temple ACMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We should call them and ask if they are gona have one in july

I tried calling!! they said they cant confirm it so im just not sure what to do! maybe someone else can call or talk to Grace. I havent spoken to her

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling!! they said they cant confirm it so im just not sure what to do! maybe someone else can call or talk to Grace. I havent spoken to her

I see, I will try to call when I have time. But I think there will be.

I've called and talked to a person at the department of post bacc.

He said that there will be an interview, if the class did not reach 35. But if it reached the size of 35 by the last interview, then no interview in July.

And he was nt allowed to tell how full the class was.

I've called and talked to a person at the department of post bacc.

He said that there will be an interview, if the class did not reach 35. But if it reached the size of 35 by the last interview, then no interview in July.

And he was nt allowed to tell how full the class was.

Wow, thanks. That is crazy and will be their loss if they don't invite a few more students to interview. But where we're meant to be, we will be.

I think it is a little unfair! but they did say apply early! What about the people who applied like may31st!!! its not fair

Wow at the 35! They seem to be taking a looooong time to fill those spots. I applied in February with pretty good stats and still no love from Temple. :(

Guys, I think we should all call/email the admissions office to request for interview. It's unfair they block us out like this.

So you think there wont be an interview in july?

I was think more like end of this week lol

Haha yea I agree! I think I was trying to account for the holiday because a lot of people do not work the week of July 4th

So I guess Friday is the BIG DAY!!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha yea I agree! I think I was trying to account for the holiday because a lot of people do not work the week of July 4th

So I guess Friday is the BIG DAY!!!!

Wht is your plan, if you dont mind me asking, if there is no interview in july?

well Im going to study for the mcat from august to january which was part of my original plan and then apply in the next cycle. I didn't apply to temple with an mcat score because I thought, well my impression from the website was that they wanted to people who needed to improve their gpa and thats all i needed so I thought i would be a good candidate. But there is always next time!!! what about u?

I haven't heard a word from this program since I was complete back in December! I had to call in order for the email that they were reviewing applications would be sent to me. When I did, the lady thought it was odd that I hadn't ever received the email and then forwarded it to my email address that I provided her.. I'm probably just paranoid but I wonder if they lost my application.

I have a 3.46 GPA and a 32R MCAT(800 Verbal and 630 Math SAT) with moderate to strong ECs. Does anyone know if they notify you if you have been rejected at the end of the cycle? When I go to the login portal all it says is application verified and payment received. This is a real bummer as I was hoping I could at least get an interview to this program.

Why didn't u just apply to medical school with those stats?

Last edited:
Lol I did. I only got into some DO schools and Tulane ACP. Were you accepted to the ACMS?[/QUOTE

Im sorry i did apply! I haven't heard anything yet but only applied like mid may!!! But I have been trying to find out about the program but no one is saying anything.

Last edited:
well Im going to study for the mcat from august to january which was part of my original plan and then apply in the next cycle. I didn't apply to temple with an mcat score because I thought, well my impression from the website was that they wanted to people who needed to improve their gpa and thats all i needed so I thought i would be a good candidate. But there is always next time!!! what about u?

I have no idea. I am kinda exhausted with all of this waiting game. And I get the feeling that I am not cut out for M.D. alot now days.

Applied last cycle, got two MD interviews and a D.O. And I did not do well on any.

Temple ACMS is sort of my last hope. I dont want to reapply or take MCAT again.

Maybe I will take DAT. I dont know lol.

I have no idea. I am kinda exhausted with all of this waiting game. And I get the feeling that I am not cut out for M.D. alot now days.

Applied last cycle, got two MD interviews and a D.O. And I did not do well on any.

Temple ACMS is sort of my last hope. I dont want to reapply or take MCAT again.

Maybe I will take DAT. I dont know lol.

Haha I heard it was easier!!! I think you could still apply to those schools that you got interviews at last time. This time when you do get the interviews you will do very well :D

Has anyone who interviewed June 25th heard anything yet?

Has anyone who interviewed June 25th heard anything yet?

Im sure you will here something soon! I would say give it another week! Also thanks for all the information on the interview process and good luck to you! I hope you get it

they'll have to notify us if we didn't get in... right?

Yea I'm sure they will let us know both ways. I talked to someone in the office last Friday and they said they will be making the decisions this week, so don't get too anxious just yet :xf:

So program starts near the end of August. I am keeping my hope for july interview lol.

Accepted via email five minutes ago!!!! Good luck to those still waiting!!!

Does anyone know if there is already a Facebook group for ACMS students? Would be nice to have a more organized forum...

Did anyone else get accepted? I was under the impression that once you were given an interview you automatically got accepted.

I don't think its automatic (though the statistics are pretty good). I have been trying to locate the other accepted students through SDN but I guess a few of them aren't members. A few of the SDN'ers accepted at the earlier interview date are actually not planning to attend. Maybe there will be a late July interview after all!

Is anyone male or female looking for a roommate for NW Philly (Manayunk or Germantown)?? If so just PM me and we can work something out. Cheers

Last edited:
Rejected as well but hope those who really wanted to get in, have an opportunity to promote themselves!

So for the future ACMS applicants, Apply before April.

So for the future ACMS applicants, Apply before April.

Good advice to the future ACMS applicants. I wasn't going to apply, but applied late anyway because they extended their deadline. I figured...if they're going to extend their deadline, they must be looking for more applicants to consider. Turns out I was wrong...

For any former students; other than courses, what else are you guys required to do, other than the MCAT cut off?

I took the ACMS courses as a graduate student, but most of my time was devoted to research, presentations, conferences, etc. I'm curious as to what the ACMS program offers outside of the courses, because I may have to apply as a backup plan if I don't get in anywhere this cycle.

For any former students; other than courses, what else are you guys required to do, other than the MCAT cut off?

I took the ACMS courses as a graduate student, but most of my time was devoted to research, presentations, conferences, etc. I'm curious as to what the ACMS program offers outside of the courses, because I may have to apply as a backup plan if I don't get in anywhere this cycle.

While taking the course you have to maintain a cummulative 3.5 gpa for the required course. If you get the 30 mcat + the 3.5, you get a seat in the school. In fact, you actually get the seat when you get accepted to the program, and just have to follow the criteria to keep it. Typically, nearly all (except 1 or 2 out of 32) the accepted students end up matriculating. Good Luck!!

hey do you guys know how strict they are with the no less than a C in a prereq class. I know for Med Schools they require a year of biology with lab. I took 4 quarters of it at a UC and got one C-. So can I just count the other 3 quarters for the "year" required?

mavrich said:
hey do you guys know how strict they are with the no less than a C in a prereq class. I know for Med Schools they require a year of biology with lab. I took 4 quarters of it at a UC and got one C-. So can I just count the other 3 quarters for the "year" required?

If it helps, mavrich, I applied and got in with three grades in the C's: a C-/C in Chemistry and a C+ in Statistics (don't ask, I was stupid). I think the statement in the website means to say that you should not have any D's. For anyone else applying in the future, my statistics were 3.3 sGPA and 3.45 cGPA with a 32Q MCAT.

Furthermore, while I would agree with Duon89 and Adnap that applying early is always recommended, I don't think a last-minute application would prevent you from getting a seat in the class. A decent number of current students (5+ that I am aware of, including myself) applied in May.

so i looked on the facebook group and everyone there seems to be from really big name institutions like berkeley or princeton or whatever. if anyone got in sees this, were lstate schools represented as well? :)