Temple ACMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have an good contact number or email? I tried calling and emailing the contact info listed on their site multiple times but have not gotten ANY replies. I am a potential applicant.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Im a little late to join the party, but had a few questions.

Do you have to retake the MCAT if you already have a score? What is the oldest MCAT they will take? I couldnt find this information on their website?

I got a 30R (12,8,10) in June 2009 but im not sure if they will accept it?

Thanks

Also there hasnt been much movement in this thread, did you guys all get accepted?

Hello everyone!

I just joined the SDN, and have no idea how to create a different post pertaining to the 2013-2014 ACMS Post Baccalaureate application. I have already applied, and recieved my "Application Complete Email". I just wanted to touch base & share information with others like in the past on a feed to figure out statuses and possibly living situations if we get accepted :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
About how many of the ACMS students matriculate into Temple SOM the next year? I'm just trying to get an idea of how difficult it is for students to obtain that 3.5.

Hoping to turn in my app sometime in the next couple of weeks. Also new to this so I think we're supposed to start a new thread but I want to hear from past accepted ACMS students.

Hello everyone-

I'm a current ACMS Post-bac student and I wanted to clear up any questions you might have about the program.

Romanjetfighter: Yes, there are indeed instate schools represented. We have St. Joe's, Temple, Penn state, Ohio State, GW, UVA, Michigan, and other state school names in the program. The application/interview process is based much more on academic performance/personal attributes than on undergrad institution.

DOCNOTSOPC: I was told that the MCAT has to be valid for the medical school, so if you were to do the post bac for 2013 and enter Temple Med in 2014, I believe the score would have to be from late 2010 or after.

DOCTORLYNN: Each year, the number of students that get after completing the ACMS program seems to hover around 95%. Of the 30-35 accepted each year, ~29-33 get in. Typically the ones who do not matriculate do so for non-academic reasons.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to get back in a timely manor. I know how frustrating the researching/applying/interviewing process can be, but trust me when I say it is worth it in the end!!

Hello everyone-

I'm a current ACMS Post-bac student and I wanted to clear up any questions you might have about the program.

Romanjetfighter: Yes, there are indeed instate schools represented. We have St. Joe's, Temple, Penn state, Ohio State, GW, UVA, Michigan, and other state school names in the program. The application/interview process is based much more on academic performance/personal attributes than on undergrad institution.

DOCNOTSOPC: I was told that the MCAT has to be valid for the medical school, so if you were to do the post bac for 2013 and enter Temple Med in 2014, I believe the score would have to be from late 2010 or after.

DOCTORLYNN: Each year, the number of students that get after completing the ACMS program seems to hover around 95%. Of the 30-35 accepted each year, ~29-33 get in. Typically the ones who do not matriculate do so for non-academic reasons.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to get back in a timely manor. I know how frustrating the researching/applying/interviewing process can be, but trust me when I say it is worth it in the end!!
What's your story / stats? What was the timeline like for your application and hearing back?

Pros/cons of the program? Things you like best, worst, etc.

Are the limits on the essay questions 800 characters with or without spaces? 800 characters with spaces seems really short. I tried to put in more than that in the essay box and it let me- didn't cut off end of essay and no pop-up saying too long. Does anyone else know?

Anyone here back yet for this year (BCMS or ACMS)?

Just submitted my app! Wooo! Looks like we have a loooong wait ahead of us. The thread from last year shows that people started receiving interview invites in march/april for ACMS. Not sure about BCMS.

I submitted mine over a month ago; I contacted the office to see if maybe they could give me an time frame estimate on when I would hear anything (since I applied so early) & it looks like it would still be March/April. Not hearing anything is good, though. If you get a letter in the mail it will be a rejection :(

Anyone hear anything yet from BCMS? According to their website, the first interview date is in January so I would think they would be contacting the first round around now.

Anyone hear anything yet from BCMS? According to their website, the first interview date is in January so I would think they would be contacting the first round around now.

Not yet, and its annoying because I just got my acceptance to Bryn Mawr. Hopefully soon. I got an email saying my app was complete on Nov 12.

I submitted mine over a month ago; I contacted the office to see if maybe they could give me an time frame estimate on when I would hear anything (since I applied so early) & it looks like it would still be March/April. Not hearing anything is good, though. If you get a letter in the mail it will be a rejection :(

After we upload our resume electronically, is there supposed to be a link that says see received materials? Or is there another status check website that I don't know about? I don't have the received materials tab and I uploaded my resume about 2 days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
After we upload our resume electronically, is there supposed to be a link that says see received materials? Or is there another status check website that I don't know about? I don't have the received materials tab and I uploaded my resume about 2 days ago.

Give it time, they have to manually approve everything, and with the holidays, it may take a while. Mine took a while to show up.

Give it time, they have to manually approve everything, and with the holidays, it may take a while. Mine took a while to show up.

Okay thanks! Congrats on Bryn Mawr, that's awesome!

Sorry, as I posted this on the wrong forum....I'll post it here. Thanks for any input!

If you took the MCAT, but you feel it is not representative of your qualifications, do you know if you have to send it in. My GRE score was much better and my SAT score from 4 years ago was very good. I do not want to exclude it if it would not be viewed as proper. Thanks

Hello everyone!

I just joined the SDN, and have no idea how to create a different post pertaining to the 2013-2014 ACMS Post Baccalaureate application. I have already applied, and recieved my "Application Complete Email". I just wanted to touch base & share information with others like in the past on a feed to figure out statuses and possibly living situations if we get accepted :)

I started one for this cycle. hopefully it will be utilized. "/
Link:
forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13719455#post13719455

Last edited:
Can ones application just transfer over from AMCAS? Meaning--if we apply--and fail to get in--can we just have our application transfer over similiar to how Wake Forest allows that?

Why would you not check their website FAQ?

Q: What is the lowest MCAT/SAT or GPA you will consider?

A: We do not have any minimum numbers. The 2012 entering class profile is as follows:
Average science GPA: BCMS: 3.49 / ACMS: 3.36
Overall GPA: BCMS: 3.55 / ACMS: 3.49
Average MCAT of those who took it : ACMS: 30.2

Basically, 2014 and 2015 will have the numbers of people getting straight into medical school.

Well, Jhb30, if you took the time to read the entire thread you would see that I applied last year. Entering 2012 stats are out of date? That is last cycle. They have not interviewed for this cycle, so I good luck finding more up to date numbers.

This program seems to be super duper competitive, doesn't it?

Hey everyone! I was curious if anyone has heard anything yet, either rejection or interview??

Still waiting to hear back... Has anyone gotten interviews for July? I applied in April and I still have yet to hear anything and just emailed them and they said that I am still under review.. Just wondering how much notice people are getting?

Still waiting to hear back... Has anyone gotten interviews for July? I applied in April and I still have yet to hear anything and just emailed them and they said that I am still under review.. Just wondering how much notice people are getting?
There have been interview invites sent out for the first July interview. There will probably be a second interview date as well in July.

I have a Full Studio available at The Edge Apartments (very new and luxurious) right next to the temple main campus. They have a gym and swimming pool, and there are many good restaurants, groceries, cafes, bars, and libraries in short walking distance.

There is also a shuttle that goes to Temple Med every hour that runs until 11PM, and it is a very safe area due to the temple students living in that area. You can also access the subway (1 min walking) which is only about a 7-minute subway ride to the temple med school.

Please PM me for further information !!!

Hey all! I see on the website that Stafford loans only cover a certain portion for COA ($12,500), therefore leaving ~30,000+ left to cover. Is there any way you can supplement that with Grad PLUS loans? I know the program is a non-degree one, but don;t they give students certificates?

Can anyone speak to how stringent the 800 character limit is? Is it with or without spaces? For people who have matriculated in to the Temple AMCS program, how long were your essays for each of the questions? Any advise or insight for the application process would be greatly appreciated!

Hi.
I'm applying to Specialized Studies. I've already applied, but still waiting to hear back. I switched my focus from Business (Accounting) to Pre-med late sophomore year, but I still managed to finish all my pre-req's and some upper level bio electives and graduate in 4 yrs. I'm thinking that enrolling in some kind of Post-Bacc / SMP before medical school will be better for me in the long run.

Even though I already applied (~1 month ago), here are my stats; any feedback (about my chances of interview / acceptance) from future/current students would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Overall GPA: 3.4 // SciGPA: 3.2 // SAT: 2230 (1500)
3 rec letters: 1) chemistry teacher whose class I excelled in and who basically introduced me to pre-med; 2) upper level biology teacher whose class I excelled in and TA'ed for; 3) ethics professor
Plenty of volunteer and clinical experience (shadowing and EMT). But no research and no official MCAT; I'm planning on taking the MCAT in August / September, and I've been getting 25~28 on practices.

I think my [lack of] MCAT is my main worry right now; I'm hoping my SAT will be enough to get noticed (even if it is ~5 yrs old). Thoughts?

So someone said 20 out of 25 got in. The website says 92% get in. Is the website wrong, or was that a fluke?

So someone said 20 out of 25 got in. The website says 92% get in. Is the website wrong, or was that a fluke?

I think the '92%' percent that you read about is the percentage of students already in the BCMS/ACMS program who have successfully matriculated into the TU medical school (not the percentage of applicants getting accepted into BCMS/ACMS). In other words, these students earned at least a 3.5 GPA and at least 30 on the MCAT by the conclusion of the program.
http://www.temple.edu/medicine/ppp/about/index.htm

I am a current ACMS post-bac. I heard it from the director of the program, Grace.

If you could please share your stats.. that would really help!!

i have a 2.8sgpa and 3.05cgpa with great extra curriculars and research and volunteering...
do i have a chance?

Did anyone apply for this cycle (2015)? My application was considered complete back in December and still waiting for a response. I know that their cycle takes a long time (I applied last year and was not accepted).

Waiting for April/May to roll around...
Hey @Pancaketowers! There seems to be more activity in another one of the Temple PostBacc threads where you might get more responses (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/temple-univ-post-bacc.843785/). I know there are a number of students who have already applied or are applying on that thread.

Sorry to hear you were not accepted last year! Did they make you wait till April (or beyond) to let you know of their decision? I am afraid of this as well since it seems that's when they start to make decisions, whether it be acceptance or rejection. Anyways, best of luck to you this time around!

Did anyone apply for this cycle (2015)? My application was considered complete back in December and still waiting for a response. I know that their cycle takes a while.

Waiting for April/May to roll around...
I just applied for the 2015 cycle 3 days ago. My application is not complete yet waiting on recommendation letters.

Reactions: 1 user
I finished my application in November for the ACMS program. Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm getting so anxious!

I will start watching this thread since I applied also and looking forward to hearing from them.

I know that the deadline to apply is in June, but since it is rolling admission is it much, much harder/pretty much too late to apply? I've just made the decision to apply and I think I should have my app ready by April

I think they interview May/June/July so there's plenty of time for that.

Are the limits on the essay questions 800 characters with or without spaces? 800 characters with spaces seems really short. I tried to put in more than that in the essay box and it let me- didn't cut off end of essay and no pop-up saying too long. Does anyone else know?
Hey Nymeria321,

I saw that nobody replied to the original question you posted about the character limit. Did you eventually find out what the allowed character limit is? It's not cutting me off either, but I'm scared of the character limit.

I e-mailed Temple Admissions. They said this (exact words):

The 800 character limit is a guideline, so don't worry too much about it. Just write enough to give us a good picture of you as an applicant, while remaining succinct.

Therefore, it does not matter whether if its with or without space. It just matters of the content! YAY!
@liondoctor here's a post from the other temple post-bacc thread (you should check it out, more activity on there). Hope this helps!

Have they started handing out interviews?

Personally, I think I may have mistaken it for an 800 word limit. Some of my answers were shorter. Some were longer. I wouldn't be too worried about the limit. I think it's more important to say what you feel you need to in the questions. If they discount people for going over the "limit" that would be pretty ridiculous :)

quick question..
i submitted my app on march 10th but still haven't gotten a complete email..? anyone in the same boat?

bump.

Is it too late to apply this cycle? I know the site says June 1st is the deadline, but is it realistic to apply within the next week and have some success?