Temple Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedFoxPodiatry

TUSPM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who's going?

Members don't see this ad.

Just had the temple interview monday. The 2 night stay at the doubletree wasnt bad either. Have you heard back from them yet with an acceptance? How long did it take?

loved the doubletree. The cookies were amazing! I interviewed there on the 29th of Sept. and was accepted this past saturday, Oct. 12. I received a phone call from NYCPM a week after interview and temple send me a acceptance packet, surprising no phone call. As far as attending podiatry school, I'm going to Temple. I think it's the Harvard of Podiatry Schools in the northeast. I know there's only two schools in the northeast, hah.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing in early November sometime, so maybe I'll be joining you.

loved the doubletree. The cookies were amazing! I interviewed there on the 29th of Sept. and was accepted this past saturday, Oct. 12. I received a phone call from NYCPM a week after interview and temple send me a acceptance packet, surprising no phone call. As far as attending podiatry school, I'm going to Temple. I think it's the Harvard of Podiatry Schools in the northeast. I know there's only two schools in the northeast, hah.

I tend to agree that Temple is #1 when it comes to overall academics and 1-on-1 patient to student clinical experiance they offer. Definatly my #1 school but still waiting to hear back from them. What state you coming from? me = Jersey

im from jersey as well. Central Jersey to be exact.

:laugh:...back to this again..

Seriously. I'm glad your clinic sees 50,000 patients a year. But pod students can only see so many patients a day. Does Philadelphia have this amazing pathology coming that a school like CSPM/San Francisco in an urban area doesn't? Doubt it.

Temple does not integrate their classes with DO's - even being new, Western's curriculum should be stronger. But Temple's didactic education is stronger than Western's/Arizona's/Scholl's? Doubt it. (Well, they do have some classes in trauma and one on only the big toe that Scholl doesn't).

I thought the day lacked substantive information when I interviewed at Temple and my questions centered more around didactic education rather than clinical/surgical training. Not a bad school by any means, but the "Harvard of Podiatry" is a bit ridiculous.

:laugh:...back to this again..

LOL, what a joke! Did the admissions "guru" at Temple tell you this information? He tends to sell that used car pretty well.

Is it harvard in the sense of grade-inflation???

Seriously. I'm glad your clinic sees 50,000 patients a year. But pod students can only see so many patients a day. Does Philadelphia have this amazing pathology coming that a school like CSPM/San Francisco in an urban area doesn't? Doubt it.

Temple does not integrate their classes with DO's - even being new, Western's curriculum should be stronger. But Temple's didactic education is stronger than Western's/Arizona's/Scholl's? Doubt it. (Well, they do have some classes in trauma and one on only the big toe that Scholl doesn't).

I thought the day lacked substantive information when I interviewed at Temple and my questions centered more around didactic education rather than clinical/surgical training. Not a bad school by any means, but the "Harvard of Podiatry" is a bit ridiculous.

Well, Temple could never be integrated with DO's because Temple has an allopathic medical school (MD)

To the last part, I agree. I heard a lot of information on my interview day, but it was a lot of loaded BS. I found this out from talking to current students.

Harvard of podiatry??? Please! At least prove it with board scores, facilities, residency placements, admission entrance averages, etc. Or, just don't claim stuff that is not true!

I interviewed today and LOVED IT, I'll find out tomorrow afternoon if I'll be joining you!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard of podiatry??? Please! At least prove it with board scores, facilities, residency placements, admission entrance averages, etc. Or, just don't claim stuff that is not true!

I am not sure exactly what you mean by TUSPM needing to prove it with their residency placements. TUSPM students have done very well in residency placement. If the past few years, more and more TUSPM students were interested in residency programs outside of Philly area. This does vary with each individual TUSPM class. Hence, you see more and more spots taken by non TUSPM students in the Philly area. This is especially true in the top California programs, including the Kaisers, Scripps Mercy, etc... They have been placed in programs such as Tucker, Seattle, West Penn, etc... I know that there are some excellent programs in the midwest and yet we don't see many TUSPM students represented there due to the fact there aren't so many TUSPM students interested in the midwest. So, I am not sure how TUSPM students do not do as well as other schools.

Don't listen to jewmongous....every time Temple is talked about on here he seems to have a new negative comment to say about it. I currently attend Temple and feel that it is a great program with a great clinic that will allow you to see pathologies that you would only read about in textbooks at the other schools.

Jewmongous is currently on his second round of interviews so I suppose he would have some good advice on what color of suit to wear or which hotel to stay in...but when it comes to actual advice about the schools you should probably listen to the students that actually attend them.

Don't listen to jewmongous....every time Temple is talked about on here he seems to have a new negative comment to say about it. I currently attend Temple and feel that it is a great program with a great clinic that will allow you to see pathologies that you would only read about in textbooks at the other schools.

Jewmongous is currently on his second round of interviews so I suppose he would have some good advice on what color of suit to wear or which hotel to stay in...but when it comes to actual advice about the schools you should probably listen to the students that actually attend them.

OOOOOOOOOOOO slap.

I love how Jewmongous "knows so much" about podiatry school and doesn't even go to one yet. From the outside looking in you can never understand.

All I'm saying is its ridiculous for Temple to claim they are the harvard of podiatry schools. Prove it.

Temple podiatry = Harvard? Please, what dream land are yall living in? It's a ridiculous comparison to make...and I'm pretty sure most people agree to that. That is insinuating you have the best board scores, residency placements, most strict admissions, etc of all the podiatry programs. Is this true?

I'm also commenting on the interview day itself. Seems like a like of loaded information overall. I think the program at Temple is good, but the day overall is kind of off.

"We are the best school because of ...the class capture system" Yea ok, Temple is not unique, other pod programs have this (ie OCPM). Same exact thing, just called mediasite.

"Pod students use the patient simulation center mannequins" NO they don't, after talking to current Temple students.

Just a few examples

I'm not going to Temple, but TUPSM did do a presentation at my school about 2 weeks ago. Very informative. Very impressed with the school. Met David Martin. Definitely up there on my list

Temple podiatry = Harvard? Please, what dream land are yall living in?

I'm also commenting on the interview day itself

There is the problem. You only have your interview experience to go on, nothing else except for what a 'few" students told you.

By Temple saying they are the harvard of podiatry, that does not imply we have the best everything. Much like Harvard, you can get a great education that is probably comparable from lots of other places.

You will not get a better academic education from any other school. There are schools where you can get just as good of one but no where a better one.

No other school will provide you the clinical experience that Temple will. That is evident but how clinically prepared and competent our students are when they graduate. Again, I am not saying you can't get good a great clinical education at other places but no where is better than Temple. Other schools get diverse pathologies as well, we get more of them.

That is insinuating you have the best board scores, residency placements, most strict admissions, etc of all the podiatry programs.

No its not. Does any school have strict admission standards?

Residency Placements? Like DPMgrad alluded to already. West Penn, Yale, SouthSide, Penn Presby, PI/Dekalb, St. Lukes/Presby. We place students at elite programs across the country. Our students tend to focus on the East Coast, much for the same reason you don't see a lot of Samuel Merritt students out here.

Temple carries with it a long tradition of success, big name recognition. Frankly, who cares about the admission day? You need to go to a school based on their academic curriculum, clinical training, etc. The school will only be a car salesmen if you let them. Ask the questions you want and make a decision. Every school "spins" things in their favor. Temple is no different.

If you compare schools based on your interview day and in jew's case multiple interview days then you are right, Temple is not the best. But if you are comparing schools on things that actually matter to you becoming a doctor and being successful then come be a part of a great tradition, at the harvard of podiatry.

Keep talking geekier version of Coolvkb

OK, I'll admit that you know your stuff when it comes to Pre-podiatry. I think your just mad that no one can stand you on this forum. I think it would be to your benefit to stop talking trash and comparing me to some kid i've never even heard of. Remember that compassion of effective communication skills are essential in making your patient happy. I think you need some practice, future DPM. :oops:

OK, I'll admit that you know your stuff when it comes to Pre-podiatry. I think your just mad that no one can stand you on this forum. I think it would be to your benefit to stop talking trash and comparing me to some kid i've never even heard of. Remember that compassion of effective communication skills are essential in making your patient happy. I think you need some practice, future DPM. :oops:

Of course you never met him, but you are his ******ed twin brother at heart.

I bashed temple for calling itself the "harvard of podiatry." Big deal. It is the only pod school where the dean labels it as so. Quite ridiculous in my opinion. I don't see the analogy but oh well.

I bashed temple for calling itself the "harvard of podiatry." Big deal. It is the only pod school where the dean labels it as so. Quite ridiculous in my opinion. I don't see the analogy but oh well.

Your missing the point hot shot. I recieve 3, not one, THREE PM's thanking me for standing up to your snide remarks. It's not only me that thinks your loud and cocky. Not here to start anything, but I really think you need to take it down a notch. I personally think OCPM, despite what you might think (because we all know you have something to say about everything), is one of the best schools. It all comes down to preferance.

Your missing the point hot shot. I recieve 3, not one, THREE PM's thanking me for standing up to your snide remarks. It's not only me that thinks your loud and cocky. Not here to start anything, but I really think you need to take it down a notch. I personally think OCPM, despite what you might think (because we all know you have something to say about everything), is one of the best schools. It all comes down to preferance.

Jewmongous is ridiculous! Many people know who he is and I think he is going to find that this will affect him in the future! Podiatry is a very small field and word gets around. Those who are associating with him and think they too are know-it-alls-but-aren't-even-students-yet should take notice too because it's not helping you to join in on his annoying rants. Admins are on here and some of you make it really easy to figure out who you are....

Thanks for saying something S! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes he would go away already!

quote]

Real nice! You'll make a great doctor with all your polical correctness. Very compassionate and insightful...

Jewmongous is ridiculous! Many people know who he is and I think he is going to find that this will affect him in the future! Podiatry is a very small field and word gets around. Those who are associating with him and think they too are know-it-alls-but-aren't-even-students-yet should take notice too because it's not helping you to join in on his annoying rants. Admins are on here and some of you make it really easy to figure out who you are....

Thanks for saying something S! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes he would go away already!

LOL, well put. Your absolutly right that podiatry is a small field. That's why I urge him to quit this "know-it-all" attitude and take it down a notch. Or it will definatly come back to bite him in the @$$ in the future. I also think he needs to work on his empathetic communication skills, would'nt you say? haha :laugh:

LOL, well put. Your absolutly right that podiatry is a small field. That's why I urge him to quit this "know-it-all" attitude and take it down a notch. Or it will definatly come back to bite him in the @$$ in the future. I also think he needs to work on his empathetic communication skills, would'nt you say? haha :laugh:

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought JEWmongous was full of it as well. This forum would be much more informative if it were less one person...HIM!! It seems like he always has to respond to every post whether it is pre-pod or pod-student and all of it is junk.

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought JEWmongous was full of it as well. This forum would be much more informative if it were less one person...HIM!! It seems like he always has to respond to every post whether it is pre-pod or pod-student and all of it is junk.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Umm.. in the midst of all the forum fighting lol.. I GOT ACCEPTED TO TUSPM :D So YAY to those who are going there as well, can't wait to meet everyone offline haha! Good luck to everybody who's still in the process (technically I am too since I still have interviews).

Umm.. in the midst of all the forum fighting lol.. I GOT ACCEPTED TO TUSPM :D So YAY to those who are going there as well, can't wait to meet everyone offline haha! Good luck to everybody who's still in the process (technically I am too since I still have interviews).

Thats great!!! Congrats. Maybe I'll see you there in the Fall. If not, best of luck to you buddy.

Hey just wondering, when did you interview, and how long did it take them to get back to you?

Hey just wondering, when did you interview, and how long did it take them to get back to you?

I interviewed Monday. David Martin told me that the committee meets every Monday and discusses candidates and that I could call anytime this week and find out. I guess I just got lucky that I interviewed on meeting day :)

Please, I say Temple is not Harvard and yall get mad. What a joke. Kids come on these forums saying "yea I think temple is harvard of podiatry in the northeast" because of something the dean wrote on the website.

This is a public forum you know. Everyone has their opinions (as we can see in the presidential thread yikes). I am allowed to agree and disagree with things.

Sorry for pissing people off and sounding arrogant, my bad. I still believe it is presumptuous for any pod school to say they are "the harvard of podiatry." No other pod school publicly says this. Am I crazy or does anyone on these forums at least agree somewhat with me? Majority of people associate Harvard as the BEST college in America (even though I think Princeton was actually #1). All I am saying, can temple back up this bold statement?

I have said this before, I believe the program at Temple to be solid. I have done a lot of research on all the pod schools - minus Western. If any peeps go to temple, I repeat, I am not knocking your education by any means. I just disagree with this statement and find the interview day not so great (for me, a turnoff).

harvard is both one of the oldest and most nationally well known colleges in the united states.

-temple university is older than: midwestern, dmu, barry, western, ocpm, nycpm, rosalind franklin and samuel merrit

-the temple university name is most definately more well known than all of the other schools combined.

so in those two senses it is the harvard of podiatry schools!!

Please, I say Temple is not Harvard and yall get mad. What a joke. Kids come on these forums saying "yea I think temple is harvard of podiatry in the northeast" because of something the dean wrote on the website.

This is a public forum you know. Everyone has their opinions (as we can see in the presidential thread yikes). I am allowed to agree and disagree with things.

Sorry for pissing people off and sounding arrogant, my bad. I still believe it is presumptuous for any pod school to say they are "the harvard of podiatry." No other pod school publicly says this. Am I crazy or does anyone on these forums at least agree somewhat with me? Majority of people associate Harvard as the BEST college in America (even though I think Princeton was actually #1). All I am saying, can temple back up this bold statement?

I have said this before, I believe the program at Temple to be solid. I have done a lot of research on all the pod schools - minus Western. If any peeps go to temple, I repeat, I am not knocking your education by any means. I just disagree with this statement and find the interview day not so great (for me, a turnoff).

OK, please lets not fight. That's not what this forum is intended for. Let me speak for everyone when saying that this has nothing to do with whether or not "Temple is the Harvard of Podiatry". It's your snide remarks that people have a problem with. Let's just drop this pre-school crap and get back to informative posting. Thanks:love:

JEWmongous - what school do you find the best? Please tell us, and why you think so.

My comment was referring to a cumulation of ALL your posts. You post all this "information" about so many different issues that you have NO WAY of knowing anything about. It's ridiculous. If it's your opinion that's fine but you never state it as such, you talk like you graduated from every podiatry school. Plus you are way too quick to jump on everyone's back. Maybe you should reconsider podiatry because this profession is SMALL and it should be about unity. there i've said my piece.

My comment was referring to a cumulation of ALL your posts. You post all this "information" about so many different issues that you have NO WAY of knowing anything about. It's ridiculous. If it's your opinion that's fine but you never state it as such, you talk like you graduated from every podiatry school. Plus you are way too quick to jump on everyone's back. Maybe you should reconsider podiatry because this profession is SMALL and it should be about unity. there i've said my piece.

OK, lets cut JEWmongous a break. Even though he called me the blood brother of some retart that posts pointless nonsense on SDN, appology accepted. Although I agree that he tends to get arrogant, he has done his homework and knows alot about the different schools. For those of you that have not visited schools yet, I encourage you to speak with actual students. People that know FIRST hand about the facilities, professors, ect. Then there can be no argument :thumbup:

As you said, we all need to stick together. After all, we all have one common goal.

By the way, on campus housing is great plus for those considering TUSPM
You can easily spend more time in the Anatomy lab or study with classmates.
If the dorm is not available, since it fills up pretty quick, try to get a place that is walking distance.

How long after you submitted your application did Temple contact any of you?

Submitted: Oct. 7th