Temple Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaraL124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard from someone on another forum like this that Temple has begun to call people to notify of acceptances. has anyone here who interviewed gotten such a call??

I thought they were waiting until all their recommended acceptees were approved by the graduate school....

anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

sara- i saw that post as well. i wonder why they told everyone that they wouldn't be contacting for 2-3 weeks, and then would notify everyone on the same day!? maybe they don't realize we have boards like this where everyone compares notes... anyway, i am hoping that professors work on different schedules - i'd love to hear (one way or another) asap, since i don't want to waste money flying to other places that are lower on my list. keep us posted if you hear anything!

Hi Sara and Tameta-

I too am waiting for Temple. I'm a little dissapointed that I haven't heard anything yet but I am trying not to read into it too much. Maybe they will call on Monday? At this point I just want to know so I can reevaluate whether or not I have a chance of getting in there. Anyway let me know if you guys hear anything and good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else dying to hear from temple!? do you guys know if anyone else has heard anything from them? i wish they would have stuck with notifying everyone on the same day, like planned.!

I'm waiting too..I am hoping not all the offers were given out and maybe its a monday/friday interview difference

errr....I don't know about that. The girl who was notified of her acceptance was there at the Monday morning interview session.

I'm hoping that it goes by professor, like who's made their decisions first.

Shoot there goes that theory. ...do you know which professor her's was?

She said she interviewed with Tania Giovannetti. I also interviewed with her, but the other faculty member was the one I was interested in working with. I'm not sure if she wanted to work with Giovannetti, or just had her as the second faculty interviewer. If it was Giovannetti that she wants to work with, I wouldn't worry, bc I have a feeling she doesn't get that many applicants as her research is more neuro based, and as you know Temple has some pretty good people in other areas of research (social anxiety, trauma, etc.) So if it is Giovannetti that wants her, maybe she only got one or two applicants. That's my hope. :)

SaraL

That makes me a feel a lot better although I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing since the doctor I applied to work with (Dr. Kendall) probably had many many applicants that he interviewed with. So I'm not sure what to think. I guess I just need to take it a day at a time...so much easier said than done!

The prof I applied to work with (Marx) responded to my thank-you email with a "stay in touch" at the end. I wrote him back yesterday with a question about the program, hoping he'd tell me when I could expect to hear an answer. Unfortunately, he didn't get my hint. But maybe you could try this, and see what Kendall says.

good luck to you! How does Temple rank in your choices if you were to be accepted? It's pretty high on my list.

Hey Sara-

I actually ended up writing a thank you letter so I haven't had any correspondence with Dr. Kendall since the fact but I could always email him...As of right now, its my first choice. I still have 3 more interviews but I really enjoyed the people and the facilities and resources are top rate. So I guess thats why I was kind of dissapointed to hear that someone else had heard but I guess now we wait...

Were you at the Monday interview? Did you interview in the am or pm? Just curious...trying to see if I can figure out who you are... :D

ok- that makes me feel better as well... i know she doesn't get as many applicants as other professors (heimberg, kendall, alloy, etc.).. so maybe she had an easier decision. i have an interview on feb 21st, and i keep putting off buying the plane tickets -- hoping that i might hear SOMETHING -- but i should probably just get them..

SaraL124 said:
I heard from someone on another forum like this that Temple has begun to call people to notify of acceptances. has anyone here who interviewed gotten such a call??

I thought they were waiting until all their recommended acceptees were approved by the graduate school....

anyone?

I spoke to one of the professors last Friday, and she told me decisions have been made (including alternates).

By decisions made do you mean the high alt were already contacted as well?

Or just that the decisions were made and people will be contacted?

ChildPsych said:
By decisions made do you mean the high alt were already contacted as well?

Or just that the decisions were made and people will be contacted?

From what she said, it seemed as though they have already contacted alternates, but I'm not 100% certain.

Is that possible? Didn't they say they would contact both high and low alternates so you knew your standing?

I cannot imagine that they've contacted everyone, bc if you were interviewed you will at least be a low alternate. If they've contacted everyone, then we would have heard SOMETHING. I would guess that they are not finished contacting, but I am very surprised to know they are doing it this way. I am sort of disappointed in their organization (or lack thereof). If they had decided who to accept, you'd think it wouldn't be a far stretch to determine high vs. low alternates. And if they know, why wouldn't they notify? Maybe they're waiting for people to turn down the offers so they can make an offer to the alternate without having her know she was an alternate? At this point, I'm not focusing on it. I have two interviews in 2 days, so I'm gearing up!

I totally agree Sara. GOOD LUCK! I have one today too : )

I was notified of my status by Dr. fauber yesterday. He called and we spoke at length. I am a high alternate. :(