Oct 21, 2014
Is there anyone else accepted to the Temple DPT class of 2018 who is considering putting down a deposit?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I think I am going to put down the deposit - I feel better about putting it down because it is a school that I really like. I'll have to take financial aid packages into consideration though. But it is worth it for the peace of mind knowing that no matter what I will be able to attend a program I like!

Last edited:
Reactions: Emilyc76
OP
Emilyc76
Oct 21, 2014
Great! I felt he same way, I like Temple because I think it has a stronger program, and I loved the faculty. I also hear that Drexel offers more money, so I'm obviously going to consider an acceptance for that matter. Living in philly is super affordable and fun!! I'll let you know if I her anything further...I interviewed at Drexel Oct 10th.

Oct 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Great! I felt he same way, I like Temple because I think it has a stronger program, and I loved the faculty. I also hear that Drexel offers more money, so I'm obviously going to consider an acceptance for that matter. Living in philly is super affordable and fun!! I'll let you know if I her anything further...I interviewed at Drexel Oct 10th.
I interviewed a week later, please do keep me posted!

OP
Emilyc76
Oct 21, 2014
Have you heard about any other people who've been accepted? I sent in the deposit and most likely will go. I also interviewed at Drexel and LIU, and have yet to hear anything. Both offer scholarships which is great! But I have a softspot for Temple dispite the high out of state tuition

Oct 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
@Emilyc76 The other dance student and I have been keeping in touch - she was also accepted and is in the same boat as us! Interviewed at Drexel the day I did, etc. I also have a soft spot for Temple! But I have to take any scholarships into consideration. I am extremely grateful to have been accepted into a program I like, with so many great choices I almost hope I am not accepted anywhere else! haha. That would make the decision so much easier!

OP
Emilyc76
Oct 21, 2014
@Emilyc76 The other dance student and I have been keeping in touch - she was also accepted and is in the same boat as us! Interviewed at Drexel the day I did, etc. I also have a soft spot for Temple! But I have to take any scholarships into consideration. I am extremely grateful to have been accepted into a program I like, with so many great choices I almost hope I am not accepted anywhere else! haha. That would make the decision so much easier!
I completely agree! I loved Temple, but it is one of the only schools without some type of financial incentive or aide. So far, I'm in! Who knows, we may all end up at the same school. I've seen a post or two about Drexel acceptances, but it seems like they are really going to wait until 2015 to let us know!

Oct 18, 2014
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
When did you all send in your application? I sent mine 8/31 but I haven't heard from them yet =/ And if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

By the way, congrats! :)

OP
Emilyc76
Oct 21, 2014
When did you all send in your application? I sent mine 8/31 but I haven't heard from them yet =/ And if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Undergrad: Drexel University, 4 year varsity rower
Cum GPA:3.72
Science GPA: 3.91
Observation/ Volunteer hours: 50 outpatient, 1000+ in patient acute care rehab in two settings (working as an aide and a volunteer)

GRE: verbal 157, quantitative 153, analytical 4.0 (I also took the old paper test previous to this)

Also I filled in quite a bit for volunteer and honors in PTCAS. Academic and athletic awards mainly.

I applied to a bunch of schools (15 ...yikes..I saved up the funds to apply!) due to the fact that I graduated back in 2012, but I have found that lots of schools take you working in the clinic as a major plus!

Today, I got accepted to Drexel and LIU!!

Reactions: DPTgal07
Oct 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy

Undergrad: FSU
Post-Bac: Hunter College, Brooklyn College, West Chester University
Cum GPA: 3.56
Post-Bac GPA: 3.72
Pre-Rec GPA: 3.8
Observation/ Volunteer hours: 40 inpatient, 130 outpatient (more in progress)
GRE: verbal 162, quantitative 154, analytical 4.0

I also volunteered quite a bit outside of the PT field, have professional experience performing with dance companies and a few other extra curricular activities etc.

Good Luck!!

Reactions: DPTgal07
Oct 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Just got an email of acceptance from
Drexel today! No word on scholarships yet
did you decide to go to temple? and did drexel ever give you a scholarship? I have an interview with Temple on Oct. 30th and I'm nervous; don't know what to expect! And I still haven't heard anything from drexel yet.

steveyk

7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2011
Status
Physical Therapy Student
for those of you more familiar with Temple's DPT program, do you know when their class typically fills up? I know some programs fill up around october, others keep interviewing until ~ february, so I wanted to know what you all have heard of how Temple worked in the last few years. I have applied to several programs already but considering Temple, too, and some inside information would be really helpful in making my decision to apply there! (long story short - is it too late to apply there)

Aug 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
for those of you more familiar with Temple's DPT program, do you know when their class typically fills up? I know some programs fill up around october, others keep interviewing until ~ february, so I wanted to know what you all have heard of how Temple worked in the last few years. I have applied to several programs already but considering Temple, too, and some inside information would be really helpful in making my decision to apply there! (long story short - is it too late to apply there)
Temple just sent out their first round of acceptances from the October 2nd interview on Monday and then there is another interview the 30th. There are more interviews in November so it's not too late but the later you wait the bigger pool of applicants you'll be compared to.

Reactions: steveyk
Oct 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Temple just sent out their first round of acceptances from the October 2nd interview on Monday and then there is another interview the 30th. There are more interviews in November so it's not too late but the later you wait the bigger pool of applicants you'll be compared to.
do you know about how many were accepted from the first round of interviews?

Reactions: steveyk
Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
My PTCAS app was verified last week on 10/13, but on Temple's website it says APPLICATION STATUS: 'incomplete items outstanding' and it only shows that they received my supplemental application fee on 9/28 while 'college transcript, statement of goals, ref letter 1&2' are all blank.... Are they not updating the site?

Oct 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
My PTCAS app was verified last week on 10/13, but on Temple's website it says APPLICATION STATUS: 'incomplete items outstanding' and it only shows that they received my supplemental application fee on 9/28 while 'college transcript, statement of goals, ref letter 1&2' are all blank.... Are they not updating the site?
you should be fine as long as your PTCAS is complete. Mine also said incomplete.

Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
did you decide to go to temple? and did drexel ever give you a scholarship? I have an interview with Temple on Oct. 30th and I'm nervous; don't know what to expect! And I still haven't heard anything from drexel yet.
How did your interview go with Temple last week? I still haven't heard anything from them at all regarding my application. Do you know how many spots are filled with ED applicants?

Oct 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
How did your interview go with Temple last week? I still haven't heard anything from them at all regarding my application. Do you know how many spots are filled with ED applicants?
Interview went well! We are supposed to hear back within 2-3 weeks about decisions. And No, I don't know how many spots are filled with ED applicants. I didn't apply ED so I'm not sure how that process works. When did you submit your application?

Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Interview went well! We are supposed to hear back within 2-3 weeks about decisions. And No, I don't know how many spots are filled with ED applicants. I didn't apply ED so I'm not sure how that process works. When did you submit your application?
Submitted 9/9, final transcript received 9/16, and verified on 10/13

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Submitted 9/9, final transcript received 9/16, and verified on 10/13
did you get an email from them saying they received your app? If it was verified on 10/13 they should be reaching out to you soon if you meet the requirements. I submitted mine at the end of August and it was verified in September sometime. Got notified for my interview on Oct. 7

Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
did you get an email from them saying they received your app? If it was verified on 10/13 they should be reaching out to you soon if you meet the requirements. I submitted mine at the end of August and it was verified in September sometime. Got notified for my interview on Oct. 7
I emailed Dr. Carp this morning and he replied saying my application was under review by the ADCOM