Temple interview invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VolibearMain

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an interview at Temple, is there a high chance of admission for those who interview or is it pretty much doled out to everyone.

Its been a little while since I interviewed. and this may sound ridiculous but I just got done with a heavy breakup, and my mind is scattered. I feel like Ill come off as awkward in the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

You were screened and given an interview for a reason. Don't second guess yourself, just prepare.

Hit the gym consistently and get on a clean diet. Don't mope around in your room. Catch up with some friends and find a good support system.
If you're still in school, consider counseling services. They may offer it for free (ours was already pre-charged to tuition, might as well take advantage of it).

See if your school also has mock interviews you can schedule for practice.

You need to focus. Your career depends on you getting in. You can (and will) sort out your feelings later.

Reactions: 1 users
Dude, Temple has the easiest, most relaxed interviews. When I interviewed, my interviewer just spoke about Philadelphia for 40 minutes and then we actually talked about my app for maybe 10. I literally had to stop him to interject things that I wanted him to hear. Be able to defend any defecits in your app, but other than that it should be pretty straight-forward.

Be sure to look at the interview feedback section of SDN.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I had some stats last year that I don't know where I got. But it basically came out to Temple accepting about 60% of the people they interview. Which means, most likely, you will be accepted.

It was like they interview a couple hundred people, they accept 120, and 100 actually matriculate. Something like that.

No way they only accept 120 and matriculate 100. They would have to get so lucky or literally just know who truly wants to go to Temple and only Temple.

I know for fact my undergrad accepted around 15000 and matriculated around 6000 when I was there. This year they accepted 21,000 and matriculated 9,000.

OP what I'm trying to say is they accept WAY more people than who actually matriculates. I'd bet money that acceptance rate following interviews is upwards of 70%.

I wasn't quoting specific numbers, I was talking about the ratio.

Class of 2016 had 645 apply and 234 accepted.
Class of 2015 had 571 apply and 204 accepted.
Class of 2014 had 565 apply and 204 accepted.

So we can assume that they accept around 214 per year. And we know that TUSPM is capped at 100 students. Last cycle I had found somewhere the number of interviews that TUSPM does but I don't know where. I do remember doing the math and it was about 60% acceptance post-interview at the time.

So let's say about 594 people apply to TUSPM per year.
And let's say they accept about 214 people per year.

If they accept 60% of interviewees, then they interview about 357 applicants per year. If they accept over 70% of interviewees, then they would be interviewing fewer than 306 applicants per year. Since we know each school sends out a decent number of rejections and doesn't just interview everyone we can at least be pretty confident that it is at least 60% acceptance rate post interview.

What we can say though with certainty is that 36% of people who apply to TUSPM ultimately get accepted. As dorsiflexor was getting at, most people are applying to multiple schools and getting multiple acceptances which is why 214 have to be accepted to get 100 to ultimately matriculate.

https://podiatry.temple.edu/sites/podiatry/files/Class of 2014_0.pdf
https://podiatry.temple.edu/sites/podiatry/files/Class of 2015_0.pdf
https://podiatry.temple.edu/sites/podiatry/files/Class of 2016_0.pdf

Last edited:
My interview at Temple was pretty easy. My stats were above the average there so we basically chatted about music and my travels abroad. Really laid back.

That said, a couple in my group were grilled about their grades. I guess it varies on the interviewer.

Thanks guys for your input. Regarding the breakup ill be fine. Idk why mornings are usually rough for me.

Ill be sure to thoroughly practice for the interview!

Thanks guys for your input. Regarding the breakup ill be fine. Idk why mornings are usually rough for me.

Ill be sure to thoroughly practice for the interview!

Its always the mornings. Too quiet and too much time to think.
You got this. Use the resources around you.

I had basically the interview experience as Bob did when we interviewed at Temple. I spent 30 minutes talking about the food adventures I went on the previous day, and my Yelp hobby.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its always the mornings. Too quiet and too much time to think.
You got this. Use the resources around you.

I hope the dating life in medical/podiatry school is decent.

I hope the dating life in medical/podiatry school is decent.
As long as you don't mean dating your classmates, which I would advise against. Sure, it could end up great, but if anything goes south you still have to spend almost every day of the next 4 years with these people. There won't be much chance to avoid each other.

During my break up.....I actually had more fun being single and getting some brochacho time in.

It helped that it was a new city and school. It'll come to pass Volibear

I was very happy being single. I did everything for this girl. I picked her up from depression and suicide. She hasnt been able to find any friends or guys besides from online. Im going to push through this, there is no need for ME to suffer.

Anyway, I have 4 interview invites and some collide, what do I do. Western, Temple, CSPM, and Kent

All of the schools will have later dates. They just usually don't releases them more than a month or so out. Whichever school is lower on your list you can contact them and ask for a later date. These schools will be interviewing people up through Spring so there will be plenty of dates coming up. It's not just about what works for the schools but what works for you also. Every school that I had contacted about this kind of stuff was willing to work with me.

All of the schools will have later dates. They just usually don't releases them more than a month or so out. Whichever school is lower on your list you can contact them and ask for a later date. These schools will be interviewing people up through Spring so there will be plenty of dates coming up. It's not just about what works for the schools but what works for you also. Every school that I had contacted about this kind of stuff was willing to work with me.

Thanks!