Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihopeigetin??

Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone give me some insight on Temples interview? Is It a group interview (5 applicants or so)? What do they mean by behavioral based? I am so nervous!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it is a group interview, but it really depends on how they divide you up. There were around 50-60 applicants present. First, I would recommend you bring a snack with you or grab one they have for the applicants (they had fruit and cookies). They let you mingle with other applicants and some students for a bit, then bring you into a room and the faculty gives a presentation on the program and their research interests. Then, half of the group goes on a tour of the campus while the other stays behind an interviews in small groups, and then the groups switch. The tour is your opportunity to ask the students any questions you have without any faculty being around. The students I spoke with were all super honest and welcoming. My interview was supposed to have three applicants, but one didn't come so there was another applicant and myself. We were interviewed by one student and one faculty member (may vary depending on your group). I honestly don't remember any of the questions, but they're only trying to get to know as us as people to see if we'd be a good fit for the program and fit in well with the other students. Their program seemed extremely tight knit to me, with no competition between the students. I know it's difficult, but don't stress about it. It's a long day, but it's a great opportunity to learn about the program and see if it's a good fit for you.

The staff at Temple were so kind and welcoming that it made it very hard to turn down their offer! I had a similar experience and I had two other applicants in my group. We were interviewed by two current students and two faculty members. The interview was very conversational and we got to answer the questions in whatever order we wanted to. Mostly they were behavioral-type questions like you mentioned, like: "Describe a time when X, Y, and Z happened and how did you respond?" or "How would you handle a situation where X, Y, Z happened?". They didn't ask too many questions and then they opened the floor up for us to ask them questions about the program, typical student struggles, etc. Think of some scenarios you'd like to discuss going in to the interview to draw on which will make it easier when those questions come up. Have fun and good luck!