Temple is full

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rals

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is bad news... :(

Members don't see this ad.

really? How do you know? Did you call them? I interviewed there in October and haven't heard anything yet.

It isn't full until everyone shows up for the first day of class. There is always the chance, and generally it does happen to one or two spots, that an accepted student cannot attend and they snag a last minute person off the waitlists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, I know of at least one spot that will be opening up.

you don't know that it's full.

I called today to check on my status and they said the class is full as of Feb. 1st.

that's probably true. but no new interviews will be granted at this point.

I'll give up my seat if I get accepted to Colorado. But i have yet to hear from colorado.

Same with me if I get accepted off the waitlist at MCG, so there is still always a chance.

I removed my application yesterday, interviewed late December and got accepted somewhere else. No telling whether I would have gotten accepted or not but hope this helps.

Oh. That's different. I already had an interview... just waiting on that acceptance!

Same with gamecock. Interviewed late nov, never heard back from temple but im withdrawing my app. the thing with temple is that they interview lots of people. 1/4 was it? that plus the interview is a minor contribution to our chance of acceptance...thus making it that much more difficult to get accepted. having said that, don't lose hope if temple is your first choice. if you were granted an interview...you should email Brian to tell him that temple is your first choice. during my inteview, brian told us that if we emailed him that temple was our first choice, we'd get accepted automatically. unsure how true this is, or if its even effective this late in the game...but try anyway. gl.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent email to Brian and the professor who interviewed me, and I let them know that Temple was my first choice and thanked them for granting me an interview. Then I got an acceptance. If you didn't get an acceptance letter on Dec. 1st or Jan. 15th., you should call Brian every single day to tell him that Temple is your first choice.

I sent email to Brian and the professor who interviewed me, and I let them know that Temple was my first choice and thanked them for granting me an interview. Then I got an acceptance. If you didn't get an acceptance letter on Dec. 1st or Jan. 15th., you should call Brian every single day to tell him that Temple is your first choice.

Good idea! I think I'll do that (well, not every day) :)

I think it is kinda silly to think that just because you email Brian and tell him Temple is your first choice you will automatically be accepted. He stated at my interview to email him after the interview to let him know that you are still interested and excited about Temple. He said that this was a way to weed out people that didn't like Temple after seeing the school, Philly, etc. He would then include the email with the application and your application would either be accepted by the Dean if it was outstanding or go to the admissions committee if it was good but had flaws. I also remember that he said they send out several more acceptances than seats available, like 200 or something. If you are interested in Temple, I would definately keep in contact, but I don't think it will gaurantee anything.

I remembered Brian saying if you call him every single day, he would try to get you into Temple. I'm sure Brian has the power to admit one or two student to Temple :)

i heard to today that they were 100/125? is that late news?

No Brian doesnt. He has no power what so ever. And that is no lie. He has not pull on the admissions committee.

Hi Brian.

Brian is probably the most powerful person on campus. He even gets people into the law school and med school.

If any of you are relying on someone else to get you in then you are probably in for a reality check. If you were to place your odds to get in to school with anyone it should be with your own abilities.

Well from what you just said it sounds like he needs to call Brian since he's getting people into medical and law school these days.

sorry, sarcasm doesn't display well over the internet. Al gores fault.

Brian can go to bat for you but doesn't have final say. When it comes down to it though, it helps to have him on your side.

Just don't have your parents call him, or your cousin who came here 5 years ago.

As is the case with most of the schools at this time of year, if you haven't interviewed yet, you may have to start thinking about the 2008 cycle.

Schools may have received deposits for all seats, but those who are on the alternate list will have a shot up until the day class starts.

I personally wouldn't hold my breath if I haven't heard anything by may 15th. (when acceptances go out to replace those kids who were holding multiple spots) Rather, I would already be knee-deep in the new cycle. From my experience, while it may happen, the chances aren't good after that.

As is the case with most of the schools at this time of year, if you haven't interviewed yet, you may have to start thinking about the 2008 cycle.

Schools may have received deposits for all seats, but those who are on the alternate list will have a shot up until the day class starts.

I personally wouldn't hold my breath if I haven't heard anything by may 15th. (when acceptances go out to replace those kids who were holding multiple spots) Rather, I would already be knee-deep in the new cycle. From my experience, while it may happen, the chances aren't good after that.

Are you a reapplicant? so what school did you decide on?