Temple is still interviewing....UGH!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carlg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who is an alternate at Temple, they are still interviewing, so our decisions will not be made for at least another month.
This frustrates the hell out of me, I just dont understand why they are still accepting applications and interviewing, when there is a wait list with eager students like my self willing to deposit right away..

Members don't see this ad.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that it's a matter of them still accepting applications. Since applications have more than doubled in some schools it's taking schools longer to review the applications and they are also interviewing more candidates. It is more than likely that the application pool is full of people who are very competitive and they want to try and give them all a chance.
Just a thought. Hang in there and good luck.

What frustrates me is that when I was interviewed March 1st, they told us that we were the last week of interviews.

Now thats not the only lie they have told me, I have had so much bull fed to me by their secretaries in the past three months.

Members don't see this ad :)
You still have to send a deposit if you're on the alternate list? I am just curious.

I know for a fact that Temple interviews students up to the month of July. And acceptance notifications can occur up to the second week before school starts. I think the reason they do this is because many accepted students end up dropping their acceptance once they know they have gotten into another pharm school of their choice. Some will pay deposits to two different schools that they got accepted to and decide over the summer which school to they would prefer to go to. Only in the end, to lose one deposit money (which they don?t mind) and attending their school of choice . Pharm schools lose a lot of money when a seat is not filled, that?s probably why they accept students so late into the summer time. I don?t think there is a set basis of rules of an actual cut off date to end interviewing and acceptance. Being on a wait list is better than getting rejected. Which means there is still a chance.