Temple Second Look Weekend!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PakFistInYoMouf

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I RSVP'd really late (this saturday)--any fellow owls know how we are supposed to dress/other details?

Members don't see this ad.

Dress seductively. You should know your role immediately as "fresh meat" for all the starving hungry stark raving mad first and second years. However, the second years will be too entrenched in boards studying to notice if a shaved naked gorilla with a parasol walked through the library.

Really though - what sorts of things do you get to do for second look? When is it? (They don't tell us these things) Do you get to meet any first years, rubs hands together in fiendish delight? Well - anyway, congrats on Temple and hopefully you like it as much as I do. If you have any q's you can pm me.

When is second look weekend? Argh, I haven't heard from Temple yet but I wanna go!

Members don't see this ad :)
JMW--
quoting from the email "provide an opportunity to meet with students, faculty, and administrators from Temple"- so yeah I do potentiallly get to meet some first years.

can someone give me a heads-up on what to wear? I don't want to come in with a suit while everyone else is casual, or vice-versa.

KarateGirl said:
When is second look weekend? Argh, I haven't heard from Temple yet but I wanna go!
It's not even really a weekend .. just show up and talk to faculty and students and whatnot. It's tomorrow I think, but I'm not going.

We hope to see you on April 19th!

Temple University School of Medicine
Class of 2008
Second Look
April 19, 2004

8:30 - 9:00 Registration and Continental Breakfast

9:00 - 12:15
Welcome from the Dean and a fourth year medical student
Temple and the Community
Special Clinical Programs
Reality Medicine
Student Support Services
Introduction to the Curriculum
Introduction to Clinical Medicine
Clinical Affiliations and Clerkships
Research Opportunities
Student Activities

12:15 - 1:15 Lunch

1:15 - 2:15 Tour

2:15 - 3:00 Financial Aid

Optional activity:

8-12 Neuroanatomy Final Exam

12 - 4 am Drinks with those finishing Neuroanatomy Final Exam

It's my exam week this week, so I won't be going. For those of you who are going, please post about your impressions!

wow. Maybe it was the weather/ or I talked to the right students during second look--but I am 100% sure about Temple Med next August. Medschool is going to rule so hard my face hurts. :thumbup: Ill see my fellow owls in the fall.

It seems like orientation to me. Already?

JM. said:
Dress seductively. You should know your role immediately as "fresh meat" for all the starving hungry stark raving mad first and second years. However, the second years will be too entrenched in boards studying to notice if a shaved naked gorilla with a parasol walked through the library.

Really though - what sorts of things do you get to do for second look? When is it? (They don't tell us these things) Do you get to meet any first years, rubs hands together in fiendish delight? Well - anyway, congrats on Temple and hopefully you like it as much as I do. If you have any q's you can pm me.

demotivators_1793_247977