temple secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the temple secondary there's a question that asks to explain your interest in any of their clinical campuses and they also give you links to learn more about them...
i was wondering if it would be alright to just answer "none of the above" cuz i really don't know anything about the campuses and if i did answer the question- it would just be info i find on-line. would answering "none of the above" look 'bad'?

thanks any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

They probably don't look at that to make any admissions decisions, but I would pick one just in case. Don't want to look lazy.

Isn't there a short essay that you have to write justifying why you chose that campus. I just looked at the websites of each one and picked one. I don't even remember which one I picked.

yeah good point, i was just being lazy and i really don't feel like doing it haha

it asks you to justify it in your answer to 'what is your special interest in temple?' question. ----When responding to the essay question about your special interest in Temple, please indicate why this Clinical Campus is of interest to you.

yikes! i wouldn't worry about it though if you didn't explain it, it's done and over with.

Members don't see this ad :)
heh, i'm staring at that essay right now

do you think saying "the website was pretty" is a good enough reason?

yeah i don't like how there's no character limit lol

did you just choose any campus?

no, i went through them all and picked two...over a week ago...but now i don't remember and i'm just skimming through the sites to see if there's anything i can say.

haha! missed the second part of your other post, i don't understand why they had to ask this question.
that's pretty much what i'm doing too, i just have to look for something nice to say as bad as it sounds.

would answering "none of the above" look 'bad'?
I wouldnt think so. Those clinical campuses are completely separate from the clinics offered to all temple students, and most/all (cant remember) are specialized care. If you have no interest in the specialties they focus on then it wouldnt be too clever to indicate that you'd be willing to spend your valuable elective/clerkship time there.

A good friend of mine applied there 2 years ago. They asked the same question again in her interview, and she stated outright that she'd hate to spend any time at any of those clinics. She was still accepted ;)

I just opted out of choosing any of the clinics and wrote that I wanted to complete my rotations at Temple University Hospital. I admire Temple helping the surrounding community and I wanted to help that community that I'll have lived among during my first two years. This sounds hokey out of context but it flowed with the rest of my essay.

I got an interview and I said these three things:

1) Sweet new medical building
2) Amount of exposure Philadelphia hospitals will give me.
3) The "integrated curriculum" (read up on it on the site)