Temple Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptstudent408

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing research while waiting to hear back from Temple. I've been accepted to Thomas Jefferson and Ohio State. From the websites it looks like tuition would be about 105k total at TJU and 65k at OSU (in-state tuition). The only downside of OSU being I would have to pay for an apartment, I would live at home if I went to TJU.

The only thing I can find regarding tuition at Temple is that it would be 1,200 per credit hour which would make my entire degree around 156k. Anyone know if this is accurate? Or have any other info about tuition and scholarships?

Members don't see this ad.

I checked their website and you are right, tuition is outrageous even for a DPT standard. I use their tuition calculator on their bursar website. If we are going by the number of credits for the DPT program using the category of public health, tuition with university service fee will be 183,170 for out of state students. I didn't even include the lab fees in there. I refuse to believe it costs that much. Your best bet is to call the school yourself.

Glad to know that I am not totally crazy. I kept looking at their website and can't believe that tuition would actually be 183k. 100k is enough for me, especially when the 100k program is better ranked than Temple. I am hoping to hear back about if I got accepted or not next week. If I get accepted, you can be sure the first question I'll be asking is about tuition. It just seems so crazy expensive. I wonder if PT has a separate rate that they don't publish?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been doing research while waiting to hear back from Temple. I've been accepted to Thomas Jefferson and Ohio State. From the websites it looks like tuition would be about 105k total at TJU and 65k at OSU (in-state tuition). The only downside of OSU being I would have to pay for an apartment, I would live at home if I went to TJU.

The only thing I can find regarding tuition at Temple is that it would be 1,200 per credit hour which would make my entire degree around 156k. Anyone know if this is accurate? Or have any other info about tuition and scholarships?

1246 per credit for college of public health with the exception of social work. So the program is well over 160,000. I know that's what USC costs as well. Jefferson is only 105,000 and many people admitted early get a scholarship close to 18,000. Also you can do work study that can help with some of tuition. Thomas Jefferson is higher ranked and what's awesome about the university is it's connected to a hospital so the clinical work is exceptional.

Dr. Burns said that in-state tuition would be ~110k and out of state would be something like 130k