Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Called today... Asked if there was an additional interview date for BCMS... Was told that we should be hearing back regarding a decision or interview very shortly... To which I asked if that means there is a confirmed additional interview date... To which I received the reply, "I cannot confirm that"... Whatever that means. Curious if anyone else has heard anything more concrete...

I expect that I should give up on this school and focus my energy elsewhere. If they don't have another interview date, I feel that there are several applicants that are being neglected... There was supposed to be a March 12th date yet applications could have come in as late as the 5th. Grace was out of the office the week of the 5th, yet she is the one that signs off on interview invites.

Members don't see this ad.

I expect that I should give up on this school and focus my energy elsewhere.

Keep your head up, if things pan out, they pan out. Try not to stress about it and just keep grinding. Good luck!

I received a rejection letter from BCMS a couple days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sucks

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using SDN Mobile

When did you receive an email that your app was complete

Are interview invites being sent out via email?

Ninthseat -- How lucky! Now I am stalking my inbox! I see that you have similar (but better) stats.

Are interview invites being sent out via email?

It seems late in the month, are they even still going to interview people or just send rejection letters to everyone who applied after feb?

It seems late in the month, are they even still going to interview people or just send rejection letters to everyone who applied after feb?

That's my assumption... I'm assuming my application won't even be reviewed at this point... just waiting on the rejection letter.

As am I :/. It's a bit frustrating though...

If thats the case, they shouldn't be taking people's application money. Keeping my fingers crossed still... anyone think there is any hope still?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete towards the end of February and interviewed this month. I have not had any problems communicating with the office, either by email or phone.

12 years ago (in May), I started the post bac program @ Temple (TUSM c/o 2006) and back then if Bill Nathan didn't think you would waste resources you were in. My "interview" was me and my wife meeting with him, telling him how I had screwed around as an undergrad 7 years prior and that I learned my lesson. I was pretty much accepted on the spot. Reading this thread it's almost like people applying to med school. Times have certainly changed.

If thats the case, they shouldn't be taking people's application money. Keeping my fingers crossed still... anyone think there is any hope still?

That's how I feel... regarding them accepting applications they won't be going through. I've still got some hope, but it's fading fast.

They're obligated to tell us that there may be an additional interview date since applications were accepted as late as the 5th. If they didn't tell us that there may be an additional date, we would all then know our apps weren't considered.

Either way, I'm still hopeful that I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, and I was looking at the "interview process" section and the BCMS interview dates disappeared...and some information about ACMS deadlines replaced that - no dates for ACMS interviews though.

Do you think they already gave a bunch of offers and are waiting to see if people accept/reject then see how many spots are still open?

i've been looking at old forums, seems they start lagging in April, but i don't see any posts from people who applied in march and even got an interview. Has anyone here got an interview that applied in March? I just hate the waiting while they already sent out everyone else's decisions.

rejected via email

Edit: BCMS

It just gives more credence to the fact that I don't think later applications had much of a shot, although I may have been overqualified, as the person I talked with on the phone mentioned. I may ask to throw my application into ACMS if possible.

Last edited:
rejected via email
I may have been overqualified, as the person I talked with on the phone mentioned.

How so? did you take many science classes already?

Has anyone else heard back about an ACMS interview?

There is an ACMS thread on here and one person said they called the office and was told that interviews will be given out starting at the end of this month.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Applied to the ACMS and have gotten virtually no correspondence. Were we supposed to recieve any type of complete email? All i got was the submitted email.

Applied to the ACMS and have gotten virtually no correspondence. Were we supposed to recieve any type of complete email? All i got was the submitted email.

yes you were, i got a completed email around 3 and half weeks after submitting my application, and my documents reached them that week or the week after submitting. i would contact them about it.

I just got a "complete and under review" email from ACMS this morning. All of my materials probably arrived about two weeks ago, and this is the first I've heard from them.

Got the complete email today as well.

The post bacc's vmail is full. just call back after a few minutes and you'll get them.

I still haven't even received a decision on BCMS, I have no clue whats going on there. Anyone else in the same boat?

How long are everyone's responses to each question in the questions page?

Just got an email from Temple (ACMS) saying that applicants to the ACMS program are being reviewed now as the BCMS class has been selected (good luck guys!) as they start in May.

Good luck to the rest of us waiting to hear back from the ACMS :xf:

Wow so somehow I or the system must have done something stupid and put ACMS on my app instead of BCMS because i just reviewed my app yesterday. No wonder I never heard back from BCMS. Weirdest thing was I didnt recieve this email you said you got?? I called this morning and they are impossibly hard to get info from, She told me my app is under review and I am eligible for ACMS even though I have no pre med classes taken which is probably not true at all.

Visited Temple SOM today and talked with students, who are very happy. The SOM building is new and looks excellent!

So i guess i have to check on this thread along with Temple acms.

Did you interview for ACMS?

No I was on my way from Richmond to Boston, to look at other schools. I want to be ACMS and I felt like checking out the location...and Philly is great - you can see why Temple is selective.

hey all, i'm applying to the ACMS program right now and was wondering how to send them the SAT scores... I'm a bit fuzzy on how this is supposed to work. And does anyone know if all supplementary material had to be turned in by the deadline? thanks!

Does anyone know if the second wave of interview invitations have gone out?

Any information about interviews/acceptances at all?

Does anyone know if the second wave of interview invitations have gone out?

Any information about interviews/acceptances at all?

Be courageous and call them for us lol

They extended the ACMS deadline - wonder what that means..

July interview will prabably happen??