You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple University School of Pharmacy
Started by glhm93
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm interested in applying to their pharmacy school for Fall 2013. What do they generally look for in term of pcat scores and gpas and if you have experience does that count for them? Thanks!
- Minimum overall GPA considered: 3.00
- Minimum prerequisite GPA considered: 3.00
- Minimum composite PCAT score considered: 50th percentile
I just started my second year at Temple Pharmacy and definitely encourage you to apply. I've loved the school so far and have had a great time in the process. My composite PCAT was a 95, so I was probably good anywhere I applied, but most of my friends that I've talked to have been in the 60-70 range, which seems competitive at most places. My undergrad GPA was around a 3.6, but like with the PCAT scores, I have friends who weren't much above a 3.0. If you get an interview, let me know and I'll make sure I volunteer to lead the tour that day and say hello.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started my second year at Temple Pharmacy and definitely encourage you to apply. I've loved the school so far and have had a great time in the process. My composite PCAT was a 95, so I was probably good anywhere I applied, but most of my friends that I've talked to have been in the 60-70 range, which seems competitive at most places. My undergrad GPA was around a 3.6, but like with the PCAT scores, I have friends who weren't much above a 3.0. If you get an interview, let me know and I'll make sure I volunteer to lead the tour that day and say hello.
Thanks! Definatly appreciate that offer 🙂 I was wondering do you know that if your GPA is high and PCAT is kinda low do they at least offer you an interview? Btw I still didn't take the pcats yet but definatly scared about them. Also any advice on how to tackle it? Thanks in advance! 🙂
Moved to correct forum. 🙂
Please see the private message. Thank you.
I just started my second year at Temple Pharmacy and definitely encourage you to apply. I've loved the school so far and have had a great time in the process. My composite PCAT was a 95, so I was probably good anywhere I applied, but most of my friends that I've talked to have been in the 60-70 range, which seems competitive at most places. My undergrad GPA was around a 3.6, but like with the PCAT scores, I have friends who weren't much above a 3.0. If you get an interview, let me know and I'll make sure I volunteer to lead the tour that day and say hello.
Hi there, I got the interview on Nov 21. Will you be able to tell me little bit about the interview process? And also about the program itself too. Thank you so much
Congrat for getting an interview! If you don't mind, could you tell your PCAT score and GPA?
I took September PCAT and got 53 composite due to the low score of verbal and reading... (<20) So I took another exam a few days ago and got 60 percentile with still bad English score. I guess my GPA will be around 3.7. Should I wait until the November score is released, or is it okay to apply with my September score?
I haven't heard of anyone's PCAT scores change between the unofficial and official scoring reports. As long as you put PharmCAS to receive your scores for both testings, all schools will see both scores. Also, Temple's supplemental app asks for months in which you took the PCAT, so you shouldn't hesitate to just apply now.
Congrats on the interview! Could you share your PCAT score and GPA?
Thanks 🙂
My PCAT is not impressive at all, composite score is 74, my verbal is super low, reading is 56, Math is 72, biology is 91, and chem is 93.
overall GPA is 3.7, science GPA is 3.78. Nothing too impressive
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Nov 16th
Hey there could you give me some advise on how the interview went?
I had my interview on Nov. 16th and got accepted today as well! 🙂 Congratulations, maybe we will be future classmates.Just got accepted!!! 🙂🙂🙂
Congratulations !! Can you please share your stats on acceptance?Just got accepted!!! 🙂🙂🙂
Got accepted but I don't think I will attend this school. Good luck to all of you 🙂
What was ur stat
What was ur stat
Let see, my gpa is 3.7. PCAT is 74. I just volunteer at hospital and that's it. Not really impressed at all
I am confused... I thought Temple conducted all of their interviews in February and March... I must be missing something here.
In response to the OP:
A few things about Temple that people should know.
- Temple loves applicants who hold an undergraduate degree
- PCAT score >60 will get you an interview
- If your grades aren't that great and you have a ton of work experience on your hands (3 years +), you will definitely get an interview
- Temple favors their own but will not admit it. If you are a graduate of Temple University and have a decent PCAT score (>60 COMP) and GPA (>3.0), you are guaranteed acceptance even if you have no work experience or EC.
Sources:
All my TU friends who applied to TU Pharmacy got in. Some of them didn't deserve it based on their grades and their habits. I also know a bunch of out-of-state applicants who applied but didn't get in who had a lot more to show for and deserved a lot more then some of the TU applicants that I know.
Stats of lowest TU Applicant that I know who got in (Entering Class of Fall 2012):
PCAT: 44 COMP
GPA: 2.5
Undergrad Degree: Yes (Biology) awarded by TU
EC/Work Exp: None
References: (I'm not really sure if they had references but I will assume none)
In response to the OP:
A few things about Temple that people should know.
- Temple loves applicants who hold an undergraduate degree
- PCAT score >60 will get you an interview
- If your grades aren't that great and you have a ton of work experience on your hands (3 years +), you will definitely get an interview
- Temple favors their own but will not admit it. If you are a graduate of Temple University and have a decent PCAT score (>60 COMP) and GPA (>3.0), you are guaranteed acceptance even if you have no work experience or EC.
Sources:
All my TU friends who applied to TU Pharmacy got in. Some of them didn't deserve it based on their grades and their habits. I also know a bunch of out-of-state applicants who applied but didn't get in who had a lot more to show for and deserved a lot more then some of the TU applicants that I know.
Stats of lowest TU Applicant that I know who got in (Entering Class of Fall 2012):
PCAT: 44 COMP
GPA: 2.5
Undergrad Degree: Yes (Biology) awarded by TU
EC/Work Exp: None
References: (I'm not really sure if they had references but I will assume none)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh I can't wait any longer! I interviewed on Nov. 26th and i still haven't heard back yet. How long did it take everyone to hear back from the interview?? This is my top choice and I thought the interview went really well, but I thought the acceptance would come sooner.
I'll be at the Temple Uni. for interview on Monday Dec 3. From CA 🙂
I think we saw you guys on tour today. Good luck and lemme know if you have questions!
Ahh I can't wait any longer! I interviewed on Nov. 26th and i still haven't heard back yet. How long did it take everyone to hear back from the interview?? This is my top choice and I thought the interview went really well, but I thought the acceptance would come sooner.
You could call Joan at the Office of Admissions. 🙂
I am confused... I thought Temple conducted all of their interviews in February and March... I must be missing something here.
In response to the OP:
A few things about Temple that people should know.
- Temple loves applicants who hold an undergraduate degree
- PCAT score >60 will get you an interview
- If your grades aren't that great and you have a ton of work experience on your hands (3 years +), you will definitely get an interview
- Temple favors their own but will not admit it. If you are a graduate of Temple University and have a decent PCAT score (>60 COMP) and GPA (>3.0), you are guaranteed acceptance even if you have no work experience or EC.
Sources:
All my TU friends who applied to TU Pharmacy got in. Some of them didn't deserve it based on their grades and their habits. I also know a bunch of out-of-state applicants who applied but didn't get in who had a lot more to show for and deserved a lot more then some of the TU applicants that I know.
Stats of lowest TU Applicant that I know who got in (Entering Class of Fall 2012):
PCAT: 44 COMP
GPA: 2.5
Undergrad Degree: Yes (Biology) awarded by TU
EC/Work Exp: None
References: (I'm not really sure if they had references but I will assume none)
I thought they interviewed late too, but maybe we're doing really early admissions this year?
I thought they interviewed late too, but maybe we're doing really early admissions this year?
Its starting to look that way. One of my coworkers had an interview last week and was accepted. I wonder if this will effect the acceptance rate of the interviews after the holidays.
BTW I should mention I am applying for the entering class of 2013. My app is still being processed by pharmcas so I wont be seeing progress till january.
I think we saw you guys on tour today. Good luck and lemme know if you have questions!
I got accepted. 😀
unfortunately I got waitlisted 🙁 does anyone know the chances of actually getting accepted?
Any Temple Alumni care to give me their review on Temple's PharmD program? I am torn between UF and Temple. How is the sense of community at Temple? Are all lectures live? Are the text books actual texts or are they online? How do you guys fare when it comes to residency when there are many other pharmacy schools around the area? Thank you for the input!
unfortunately I got waitlisted 🙁 does anyone know the chances of actually getting accepted?
Last year it was pretty high im not sure exactly what the figures were but I heard someone say 50%-80% of waitlisted people got acceptance. You probably wont hear anything until end of July to August when the Fall semester starts so stay on your toes.
I submitted in supplemental Dec.18th. and PharmCAS mailed the application on Dec.23rd.
I didn't get any interview offer yet... I understand there was a winter break... but a little worries.
How long does it take to get an interview offer after everything is submitted?
I didn't get any interview offer yet... I understand there was a winter break... but a little worries.
How long does it take to get an interview offer after everything is submitted?So, I just took the PCAT and I got a composite of 400/45 which is 5 below their minimum. I know for Fall 2012, Temple accepted students with under 45 composite. What are the chances that they will accept me for Fall 2013? Anyone with a composite PCAT score under 50 get accepted to Temple Pharmacy for Fall 2013 yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kwasi, thanks i already applied back in like september. but since i'm a 2 year, i just took the PCAT last week..
for everyone who has received an interview, did you take the PCAT prior to january? i'm trying to see if they send interviews out after they receive your PCAT score since I only took it once which was this month...
Also, for the preliminary scores.. do they change on the official score report when the writing scores are calculated??
Thank you everyone!!
for everyone who has received an interview, did you take the PCAT prior to january? i'm trying to see if they send interviews out after they receive your PCAT score since I only took it once which was this month...
Also, for the preliminary scores.. do they change on the official score report when the writing scores are calculated??
Thank you everyone!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K