Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megandupe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Temple yet? I just got an interview offer today (yay!)

Thoughts, opinions....

Members don't see this ad.

When did you submit your application? I applied to Temple this year. I'm currently there for my undergrad as well.

I got an email today too for an interview invite. Is this the first round of invites for Temple? Did you call yet? Can you let me know the dates they have available or when they're starting interviews?! LET ME KNOW! PLEASE AND THANKS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite via email today, too. I'm going next Friday. They're only interviewing next week and the week after (when most schools i know of have finals). Initially, I said I might not be able to make any of the dates in the next 2 weeks, and the woman on the phone said that they won't be doing more interviews until ~early Feb/maybe late Jan. I decided to just go for next Friday b4 my finals. They literally said "when would you like to come in for an interview," so its basically your choice of when you wanna go. Pretty exciting and unexpected good news.

I can't make it next week or the week after. Another school did this to me. They gave me 2 dates. One was less than a week away and the other the week after. Is a month notice really that much to ask. I had to delcine those 2 dates and they said they wont contact me until the next dates: maybe in January. UgH.

Really? well I am coming from denver and i am certainly not travelling during the xmas season, so i guess we're in the same boat. Anyone interested in getting a hotel together- philly is certainly not cheap!

When you gonna call them back? I'm thinking early next week.

I got an interview as well :)

I think I'm going to aim for an interview next week. As hectic as the short notice is, I'd imagine my chances are much greater the earlier I interview.

Now to find a suit...

How you gonna get a suit and adjustments made that quick?

I'll call them tomorrow morning to book.

And I'm sure dockers and a collared shirt plus tie would be fine apparel. Keep us posted on your interview questions! I heard one can be 'what is the difference between and phd and a pharmd?'- please dont screw that one up!

Also got an interview invite... :thumbup:
To those who already called to schedule the interview, do you get to chose any day of the week or just fridays?

Good luck to all interviewing!! Is temple anyone number 1? if it is tell us why? I heard is a good school, but what specifically is attracting you to the school?

I received an interview invite as well, but I have yet to call. Interviewing over the Christmas holidays would be great so I wouldn't have to miss class for it next semester, but I'm worried about the timing/cost of securing a flight so soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
They're doing interviews this week and i think the following and they wont know the interview schedule for next semester until the beginning of January. You dont pick any day you want, you pick from a certain selection of days they provide you.

I chose to hold off on this round of interviews b/c holiday flights are very expensive right now. I suggest calling asap! you dont want your name to be removed from the list.

Has anyone had issues with the Temple admissions office? I have tried emailing three of their admissions personnel over the course of the past 3 months and have called and have had either no response or a complete lack of professionalism. Especially with Joan. Does anyone know someone at Temple admissions that tends to be a little more accessible/facilitative?

Has anyone had issues with the Temple admissions office? I have tried emailing three of their admissions personnel over the course of the past 3 months and have called and have had either no response or a complete lack of professionalism. Especially with Joan. Does anyone know someone at Temple admissions that tends to be a little more accessible/facilitative?

I've called them in the past using the phone number on the supp application and had no problems.

I've called them in the past using the phone number on the supp application and had no problems.

Same here. No issues. (215)707-4900........Is anyone interviewing with me tomorrow at 1pm?

goodfellas, is temple your first choice? do you have any other acceptances, im interviewing when they open more dates in januray, this month was just too soon for me, i wish they would have emailed applicants a little earlier

Good luck to all interviewing!! Is temple anyone number 1? if it is tell us why? I heard is a good school, but what specifically is attracting you to the school?

It's my first choice mostly because of cost, location, and I already go to TU as an undergrad.

For those with problems with the admissions office, I've never had a problem with them but who knows, you could just be unlucky? Not sure.

My interview was yesterday, goodfellas! lol

:xf::xf:

Temple is probably my 2-4 choice, but I could definitely see myself going there. My main interest in TU is the proximity of so many awesome hospitals. Also, Southeast PA/basically all of NJ is saturated with pharmaceutical companies. I like the idea that there'd be so many opportunities to do internships/rotations/etc within a short drive from campus.

The interview was pretty relaxed, although I still felt a little awkward at first having a group interview. The faculty members were very well-spoken and reassuring. On a side note, I thought it was hilarious how virtually everyone I came in contact with indirectly bashed TJU in an attempt to try and steer people away from there. Hopefully they are quick with their acceptance letters:D. I feel like yesterday might've been the first interview on the cycle.

sunniexdayzz, i know exactly who you are haha.

So just out of curiosity, does Temple show a preference toward students who attended there for undergrad?

Hi,

I have an interview next Tuesday at Temple. Is there anyone who can tell me what the interview questions look like?

Thank you

Hi,

I also have interview at Haward in mid of next month. I know they have Math test, too. How about writing test. Anyone who have already gone through that process. I want to know what they ask. Please, your response is appreciated.

Thank you

It's my first choice mostly because of cost, location, and I already go to TU as an undergrad.

For those with problems with the admissions office, I've never had a problem with them but who knows, you could just be unlucky? Not sure.

My interview was yesterday, goodfellas! lol

:xf::xf:

Hey Sunnie and Goodfellas, I'm pretty sure I remember both of you, I also interviewed on the tenth. I really liked that interview, it was very relaxed IMO. Anyone else interviewed on 10th? Good luck to all!!!

Hey Sunnie keep me posted on the LECOM interview. I will be going on the 27th.

Last edited:
All Temple pharmacy interviews are group interviews!?

did they say how long it will be until you hear back from them?

hey everyone...just curious about one of temples prereqs...the mosaic course? i'm trying to decide whether or not to submit an app there but i was kind of thrown off by that course. does anyone who doesnt currently go to temple let me know what they took to satisfy that requirement? or does anyone know if those credits can be waived if you already have a bachelors degree?

thanks for your help!

hey everyone...just curious about one of temples prereqs...the mosaic course? i'm trying to decide whether or not to submit an app there but i was kind of thrown off by that course. does anyone who doesnt currently go to temple let me know what they took to satisfy that requirement? or does anyone know if those credits can be waived if you already have a bachelors degree?

thanks for your help!

To my understanding they can be waived with a History. I haven't take them and it wasn't an issue when I was interviewed (they go over your prerequisite during the interview). If you check on their website, or the supplemental application, it will tell you what they will take as an elective.

Accepted as well! And I found out from Jefferson 10 minutes before that! Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to anyone who's instate and got accepted. I'm out of state and wish the tuition wasn't so high for us.

To those who got accepted, did you hear from Temple via email or snail mail?

Does anyone know if decisions were made for all interviews held up till Dec 17?

I hope not. I also had interview on 17th, and I am not receiving any email so far. I know...waiting is killing me :( please let us know if anyone gets acceptance email any soon.

just checked my acceptance email on my way home from interview with Thomas Jefferson!!! :D I still can't believe I got in....:love:

congrats to you jackrabbit!! r u going to attend it?

Thanks. Congrats to you too. I will be attending. Will you?

I stopped by on Thursday to pay the deposit. 12 people have committed so far!! Congratulations!!

Interviewed on 12/10, and I left feeling pretty optimistic. I still haven't heard anything. Starting to doubt whether I'll get accepted.

Thanks. Congrats to you too. I will be attending. Will you?

I will decide after I hear back from Thomas Jefferson. I'm going to see if I can become an in-state student first. If I don't qualify for it, then I will choose Jefferson. :)