Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I stopped by on Thursday to pay the deposit. 12 people have committed so far!! Congratulations!!

R u from Temple undergrad? If not, did you deposit $70 additional? The acceptance letter says $70 needs to be deposited for matriculation fee since I am attending Temple for the first time. Should I send a $570 check or $500 and $70 separate checks?

R u from Temple undergrad? If not, did you deposit $70 additional? The acceptance letter says $70 needs to be deposited for matriculation fee since I am attending Temple for the first time. Should I send a $570 check or $500 and $70 separate checks?
I'm a Temple student so it was just $500. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make out one check for $570. To be sure I would call the admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the matriculation fee comes with the follow up tuition bill. They're just letting you know ahead of time. So I'll just send 500 for now.

I can't make it next week or the week after. Another school did this to me. They gave me 2 dates. One was less than a week away and the other the week after. Is a month notice really that much to ask. I had to delcine those 2 dates and they said they wont contact me until the next dates: maybe in January. UgH.

I had the same experience. I wish Temple gave more notice to try and accommodate travel and people's schedules.

Just set my interview for Friday the 11th. I'm very nervous about the group interview process but after reading your guys threads it doesn't seem like it should be that nerving. Has everyone's interviewer been courteous and asked just the general questions? I've heard of one guy who asked some crazy technical questions:confused: Any thoughts?

Also have an interview with Jefferson the next day! That seems like it shouldn't be too bad as well because I could spend the whole time asking THEM questions! haha

Anyone who has done both interviews, which experience did you prefer?

My interviewer was very courteous and as you already know, the group interview was not that nerving. It was just general questions. Pre-programmed answers may not be very useful, except for introductory questions. It was very similar to a discussion. You may need to be familiar with current health issues.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to interview at Jefferson.

If you can explain why you want to be in this profession, show a good understanding of what the profession entails, and the responsibility that it carries, then you'll be fine for the interview.

The group interview was the first of its kind for me, and I won't lie- it threw me off at first. All I can recommend it stay true to your own thoughts while being attentive to what others have to say. Don't think of your answers in a 'right or wrong' context. Allow your opinions and personality to add to the discussion at hand.

Have plenty of questions in mind for the end of the interview and the tour as well. Good luck!

When I interviewed last month, no one else from my group interview came, so it was just me and the faculty member. It ended up being a really chill conversation about sports and the area for about 40 minutes aside from the predetermined questions

Accepted as well! And I found out from Jefferson 10 minutes before that! Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,
Could anyone please tell me the Temple class schedule for 1st year to 4th?

Is it from 9AM to 3PM Monday thru Friday for all years.

Your reply would be highly appreciated!

I received an interview invite last week. I am declining because I already put down a deposit for Jefferson. If it didn't take them two and a half months after submission of my supplemental, I would have strongly considered Temple.

Interviewed 13 days ago and got an acceptance email today XD

Interviewed 13 days ago and got an acceptance email today XD

congrats!! so are you attending? where is your first choice? I am interviewing next week and i am so nervous.. any advise for the interview? anything will be highly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! so are you attending? where is your first choice? I am interviewing next week and i am so nervous.. any advise for the interview? anything will be highly appreciated!!!

I'll probably attend. It's the cheapest and closest place to home and it's not that bad of a school (100% naplex passing rate last year!) besides the danger factor of the area :scared: Plus I don't want to pay more money to go on more interviews that I have...

Don't be nervous. It's rather relaxed. It's a group interview, but the interviewer switches the questions up, so not everyone gets the same ones. Just seem knowledgeable about the field, and be natural and honest. You should be fine as long as you don't say anything dumb that may turn the interviewer off (i.e. I want to become a pharmacist because the pay is good, Oh pharmacy is just like all the other health fields, etc). If you notice on the PSAR, temple accepts about 75% of interviewees so it suggests that they only reject you if you mess up badly. Make sure you have some good questions to ask too since you don't get too many opportunities to impress the interviewer (I only got 4 or so questions).

I hope that helps.

---Andrew

I had the same experience. I wish Temple gave more notice to try and accommodate travel and people's schedules.

This is strange. When I was notified that I got an interview, the lady at the desk just told me to pick a day that worked for me besides any Monday and Friday because all those days were booked. My interview was in February.

Anyone interviewed on March 16th already received an acceptance email?

Did anyone who deposited money get TUid and password?
My deposit check had been cashed months ago, but school hasn't sent me TUid or password yet...I even called admission department, and the lady gave me TUid. However, she said that I have to get the password for my account by mail. I rejected acceptance offers from other schools already, and I am scared now...:(:(:(

Did anyone who deposited money get TUid and password?
My deposit check had been cashed months ago, but school hasn't sent me TUid or password yet...I even called admission department, and the lady gave me TUid. However, she said that I have to get the password for my account by mail. I rejected acceptance offers from other schools already, and I am scared now...:(:(:(

No. I called earlier today and the lady gave me the TUid only. She said the they'll send passwords by mail. They cashed my check since Jan, and I sent back the health forms recently. I checked the major Temple thread from last year and people talked about receiving passwords in early April. No need to be scared.

Temple is notoriously slow when it comes to things like this. Don't be worried, I'm sure all is well. I still need to get my health forms done.

Hello to all my future classmates! Long time lurker but finally decided to step out. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone received word on their FAFSA. I also have not completed my immunization forms but hoping to complete it soon. I don't have insurance so it is looking like I will have to get them done at Temple Hospital. Any cheap alternatives???

Also hoping to find some decent/cheap apts close to school. What is everyone's plan for housing?

Hello to all my future classmates! Long time lurker but finally decided to step out. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone received word on their FAFSA. I also have not completed my immunization forms but hoping to complete it soon. I don't have insurance so it is looking like I will have to get them done at Temple Hospital. Any cheap alternatives???

Also hoping to find some decent/cheap apts close to school. What is everyone's plan for housing?

Two of the same issues I had last year. I looked into immunizations through Temple, and they cost roughly about $90 from what I remember, theres about 5 or so (without insurance). It's nice if you get it through them though, you won't have to worry about getting records sent.

As for housing, Philadelphia has lot of options. Temple offers apartments to students on the main campus, but very "expensive" for what you get, and they're not very nice (in my opinion), they're called the Triangle Apartments. I know a few kids that live outside main the city (Roxborough, Manayunk, City Ave), commuting in a city this big is insane I think, but you also can live practically anywhere near the city and get into campus everyday by train/subway. A good portion of my class is from the Philly area and just does a long commute daily (S. Jersey, Bucks County, West Chester). A few other kids I know live in various neighborhoods between center city and North philly. My best advice is to live in a decent neighborhood, theres bad sections of town all over the city, especially around main campus/ health campus, do a little research first or talk to people you know in Philly already. The biggest challenge I had was finding a (safe) place to park my car.

You'll get your FAFSA stuff sooner or later.

just received my acceptance letter..

I interviewed on March 17th..I remembered you posted on the UB thread about being waitlisted..haha..Did you apply to Temple?

Two of the same issues I had last year. I looked into immunizations through Temple, and they cost roughly about $90 from what I remember, theres about 5 or so (without insurance). It's nice if you get it through them though, you won't have to worry about getting records sent.

As for housing, Philadelphia has lot of options. Temple offers apartments to students on the main campus, but very "expensive" for what you get, and they're not very nice (in my opinion), they're called the Triangle Apartments. I know a few kids that live outside main the city (Roxborough, Manayunk, City Ave), commuting in a city this big is insane I think, but you also can live practically anywhere near the city and get into campus everyday by train/subway. A good portion of my class is from the Philly area and just does a long commute daily (S. Jersey, Bucks County, West Chester). A few other kids I know live in various neighborhoods between center city and North philly. My best advice is to live in a decent neighborhood, theres bad sections of town all over the city, especially around main campus/ health campus, do a little research first or talk to people you know in Philly already. The biggest challenge I had was finding a (safe) place to park my car.

You'll get your FAFSA stuff sooner or later.

Thank you for posting some information about the immunizations. $90 doesn't sound too bad for all of the shots esp. if it saves me the hassle of getting the records sent.

As for housing, I actually have lived in the Philadelphia area for most of my life but I am looking into finding a place near the art museum area, northern liberties, or center city. But I am pretty restricted financially due to my desire to live alone at least for the first year.

Thanx again!

I interviewed on March 17th..I remembered you posted on the UB thread about being waitlisted..haha..Did you apply to Temple?

Yeah, I interviewed there on March 24th. I guess that means I can count on being in suspense for the rest of this week. :(

I heard that there were people being accepted the next day after the interview..maybe you don't have to wait that long..Which school do you like better? Temple or UB?

I heard that there were people being accepted the next day after the interview..maybe you don't have to wait that long..Which school do you like better? Temple or UB?

I like Temple better, most definitely. Closer, cheaper, have undergrad friends there, love Philly, (slightly) better weather, etc. I felt like I made a much better impression at Temple and Rutgers than I did at UB, which I'm happy with, since of the three I saw, I liked UB least and had the least desire to attend there. I reeeaaallly hope to hear back soon from Temple and Rutgers. I get a little nervous every time the blue, new email LED on my phone gets to blinking.

:love::love::love:Double posting and I don't even care because I got the acceptance email about 20 minutes ago!! Woooooooooooooooooo!

Got in .. not bad eh .. attending I guess LOL

I am leaning heavily towards Jefferson!

And Eric - I heard from TU via email =]

Can I ask why you're leaning towards TJU? I applied to both at the same time, but never even heard from Jeff about an interview. I called the other day and they said it was "in review" and had been "sent to the department." Temple was my first choice all along, and TJU never even gave me a chance to be wooed. The extremely slow turn-around time is quite a turn-off, to be honest. I'm sure they'll contact me the moment I pay a deposit and say they want an interview. :rolleyes: Anyway, why Jeff over Temple?

Congratulations everyone who got in! =) So excited!!! See you in the Fall.

Can I ask why you're leaning towards TJU? I applied to both at the same time, but never even heard from Jeff about an interview. I called the other day and they said it was "in review" and had been "sent to the department." Temple was my first choice all along, and TJU never even gave me a chance to be wooed. The extremely slow turn-around time is quite a turn-off, to be honest. I'm sure they'll contact me the moment I pay a deposit and say they want an interview. :rolleyes: Anyway, why Jeff over Temple?

Same, still no interview invitation from Jeff and acceptance from Temple already.

Same, still no interview invitation from Jeff and acceptance from Temple already.

The part I'm most annoyed about is that the school-specific thread for Jeff said that people were getting interviewed last Saturday! I interviewed in Buffalo last Friday and stayed in Ontario that night just for fun, but would certainly have liked to come back earlier for another interview, especially since I had to fly all the way across the country from Tucson to be there. I don't understand what's taking so long.

:love::love::love:Double posting and I don't even care because I got the acceptance email about 20 minutes ago!! Woooooooooooooooooo!

Totally random but I loled when I saw your username. Yeah I know german :)

Also a big congrats to you and everyone else who got in!

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else get placed on Temple's waitlist? I interviewed on Feb 14, and received my alternate status via email on March 4. Joan also sent an envelope with forms to fill out and I sent in my $500 check which they already cashed. Does anyone have more info about the waitlist? I may call early next week but the email said they'd inform me of any updates. I'm really looking forward to attending Temple in the fall!

Haven't heard anything about a TUid yet, but man is the facebook page blowin' up. Went from 20 to 40 people real fast once they sent the link in the email.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else get placed on Temple's waitlist? I interviewed on Feb 14, and received my alternate status via email on March 4. Joan also sent an envelope with forms to fill out and I sent in my $500 check which they already cashed. Does anyone have more info about the waitlist? I may call early next week but the email said they'd inform me of any updates. I'm really looking forward to attending Temple in the fall!

I got waitlisted also :thumbdown:

Hey all,

I was talking with an admissions person the other day during finals week and the waitlist went from about 65 to about 45 this past week. I was told it was going to be "one of the busiest summers the admissions office has had" in a while. I know 2 people from last year that got in the week before orientation. So be patient, hope this helps.

Hi All,

Congrats to all those who have been accepted to Temple, and good luck to those still waiting to hear! I am a Drexel Med alumna and am renting out my condo. I have lived there for 7 years throughout med school and residency, and honestly feel that it is the ideal place to live during med school. It is super convenient to Temple, downtown Philly, and Manayunk (where there are fabulous restaurants, shopping, and bars). My condo is also the perfect place for quiet studying. Please see the link below for more info and PM me with any questions!

Good luck!

http://pattyproperties.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/33866001

Got accepted finally! yay! I was wondering what the dress code would be for the first orientation on July 29.
BTW the PPD test should be done after reaching temple right?
I have not received the password yet, only the TUid..

Got accepted finally! yay! I was wondering what the dress code would be for the first orientation on July 29.
BTW the PPD test should be done after reaching temple right?
I have not received the password yet, only the TUid..

Congrats on the acceptance! If you use facebook, there is a group for the incoming class that has grown to over 80 people the last time I checked. You will have to search for "Philly's finest capital T..." because the name was changed to avoid some conflict of interest that arose when it was originally named "TUSP c/o 2015" or whatever. The administrator, who I think just finished his second year, said dress comfortably/casually for the orientation because you will be there all day.

To set up your account for logging into TUportal and email, go to this link and enter your TUid and other info, then you get to choose a password of your own.

So, to those here who are accepted and attending, where are you living and how are you planning to get to campus? I just signed a lease for an apartment with some friends doing undergrad, and we're living right next to the Wissahickon train station, which gets to the TU stop in 11 minutes via regional rail. I'm the only one at the health campus and would rather avoid an hour-long train--> walk --> subway commute, so will probably spend a little bit extra for parking. On the plus side, my place is really cheap, in a great neighborhood, and close to all the festivities of Main St. in Manayunk.

Hi
I'm looking for some help getting a relatively 'safe' apt & was wondering if u can recommend where to look or if u live or like an apt co. then there name/contact would be great. I trying to keep travel time to <30mins & close to bus/subway. Please don't tell me to look on craigs or some generic classifieds.
Thx

Wow.. no replies.. can someone please help ?