Temple Waitlist (alternate admissions)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soyroger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread for those hanging on with the smallest inkling of hope for the chance to go to Temple. Let's use this thread to update each other with info from the admin office, such as if the waitlist has been ranked, how many people are on it, how many of those have paid the $500 deposit, if they're still doing interviews here and there, if any accepted applicants have turned down their spot, if and when they'll start taking people off the waitlist and offering them admission, and anything else you can think of.

As of Monday 4/16 when I called there were 80 people on the waitlist, it hadn't been ranked, but I didn't get an idea of how many people had paid the deposit. However, when I had checked a couple weeks prior to that only 30 out of 60 on the waitlist had paid their deposit.

I'd love to call everyday for a personal update, but that's not too courteous, but if 5-10 people call once every week/every other week and post here, then we can basically get that daily update. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'd love to go to Temple.

Members don't see this ad.

I will call tomorrow. I paid my $500.00 as check but they didn't cash the check yet. If you look at the roll/call thread you will see that around 4 people turned down temple. Is Temple your last and only option. For me it is!
Keep in touch

i paid my 500 dollar deposit, cheque not cashed yet. the secretary wont tell me anything other than the wait-list is not ranked. i'm worry that if i will ever know if they will accept me or the criteria they used.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes..i paid $500 already..when i called them last week, it was not ranked yet..but the lady said they are gonna rank people for sure..
good luck to us!!

Hi everyone, this is my first post, and I'm an alternate too. Wow, I can't believe there are 80 people on the list already! My letter says generally 12 - 15 people do drop out before school begins. Does anyone have any idea when they rank everyone. They might wait until the Spring semester is over. I am still finishing up my last 3 classes. I already paid my $500 about a month ago.

I called yesterday and she said they have 80 people on the waitlist, but only 52 paid their deposit. So far they didn't rank the list.
Cookie, what are your stats? Did you get accepted to any other school? Are you in state or out of state?
Later....

Temple is the only school I applied to this year. I live in PA and basically everyone said the other schools around here never take transfers so I didn't even bother. I got an 82 on my pcat and my GPA is 3.849 overall but that is with a lot of classes that Temple doesn't look at (I was in a different major before.) Basically for what they look at I have all A's, B's in Physics I and II, and a horrible C in Organic I. I am currently taking Organic II which I will probably get another C, Calc II - probable B, and Humanities - probable B. I'm planning on registering for Organic I again next semester to get a better grade in case I don't get in.

I called again today, but wouldn't have if I had read this thread, however they still haven't ranked the waitlist. She told me that they just finished all of their scheduled interviews and don't plan to do any more. I recall reading that they still do interviews occasionally through July, but that's just a rumor as far as I know. I got the impression that once the committee makes a decision for the last group of interviewees then they should start ranking the list, but again that's just my feeling as it wasn't said to me in those words. I'll call again in a week.

just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people were interviewed in total for this year? thanks

just wanted to let you know that theyre still sending out acceptance letters.. got mine today .. hope to see you guys there in the fall :)

it's a hard call.. i mean temple is alot closer to me but in a horrible neighborhood... butt they also offer (in my opinion) a better program with options to have a career in research just not retail.. mcphs is a year shorter which sounds nice but i've only heard negative things about the place.. i think i'm going to go to temple,, any advice?

heyy, im on the wait list right now too, i sent in my check, it hasnt been cashed yet, the lady said they dont cash it until a seat opens. my friend who was on the wait list as well ( we got our alternate admissions the same exact time) she just got in, she got a letter about 2 weeks ago. im still waitingg! i know they do send out letters up until july, a friend i work with was on the wait list last year and did not get accepted until july. i think it is my pcats that are keeping me there though, i did not do so great..i got a 55. but all my science grades are A's except for a B+ in Physics I....so we'll see !

Members don't see this ad :)
when i was interviewed, i was a part of the "first batch" she said because i took my pcats in oct, so i got an interview before the people who took pcats in january. she said that the first batch had about 300+ interviews, and the second batch was going to be about another 300+ interviews

just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people were interviewed in total for this year? thanks
when i was interviewed, i was a part of the "first batch" she said because i took my pcats in oct, so i got an interview before the people who took pcats in january. she said that the first batch had about 300+ interviews, and the second batch was going to be about another 300+ interviews

does anyone actually attend temple, the main campus? i do...anyone know what they are going to do if they do not get in temple?

I just got my acceptance letter from Temple on 4/28.

I am accepting their offer over other offers from Pitt, Georgia and MCPHS...is that wrong?

It's the closest option, and at age 31 I don't feel like starting over again 700 miles from here

heyy, im on the wait list right now too, i sent in my check, it hasnt been cashed yet, the lady said they dont cash it until a seat opens. my friend who was on the wait list as well ( we got our alternate admissions the same exact time) she just got in, she got a letter about 2 weeks ago. im still waitingg! i know they do send out letters up until july, a friend i work with was on the wait list last year and did not get accepted until july. i think it is my pcats that are keeping me there though, i did not do so great..i got a 55. but all my science grades are A's except for a B+ in Physics I....so we'll see !

oomariexo: so your friend was on the wait list and now she has been admitted? Can you tell me more about her stats? Was she taking pre-reqs at this moment. I thought they would start pulling people after the spring semester was over to see how people did in their pre-req courses? I just want to see if I have a chance by comparing myself to your friend's stats.
Congratulations to her... and for us let's wish they pull us from the wait list soon.

Reedus: congratulations!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats???

PCAT 99%
B.S. Biology 3.79GPA (~3.9 sciences)

any doubts they might have had about the length of time since my B.S. (10 years!!!) were probably eased b/c I work in the industry, R&D at a major company

so Temple is a good program? I mean, I found a ranking of schools from 2005 and Temple was tied for last place! I'm going to assume that list is incorrect!

oomariexo: so your friend was on the wait list and now she has been admitted? Can you tell me more about her stats? Was she taking pre-reqs at this moment. I thought they would start pulling people after the spring semester was over to see how people did in their pre-req courses? I just want to see if I have a chance by comparing myself to your friend's stats.
Congratulations to her... and for us let's wish they pull us from the wait list soon.

she took the pcats twice, frist time she got a 57 i believe, the second she got a little above a 60, maybe a 63, im not sure. her gpa is 3.8, in Bio she has an A and an A-, Physics I she got an A-, Orgo I & II - both A's, and in Chem she got 2 A's.

Hey guys ......just wanted to let you guys know I was an alternate at temple, but I have decided to withdraw my application. So I hope whoever gets the bump is from this lovely forum! Howard is closer to my home, and I could really use the 500 bucks...I'm kinda tired of philly too. Damn I did a lot of thinking....ok good luck to u guys!!:) :)

Hi RXcare

I was wondering if you could share your stats with us.

working towards my entrance to a Pharm school, a target score will be really helpful

(User removed comment.)

Last edited:
(User removed comment.)

Last edited:
As of today the waitlist hasn't been ranked. Maybe next week.

Thank you soyroger. I think they are waiting for spring semester grades!

Thank you soyroger. I think they are waiting for spring semester grades!

It's either that or they are just waiting for finals week to end b/c the majority of the committee members are faculty who are busy with their own classes. At this time my pins and needles feeling from when I first got that alternate acceptance letter is slowly turning into a reality of getting my application ready for next month. Crazy how it's that time again, of course, I didn't start until late Jan. for the current cycle. Won't repeat that mistake twice.

I called her today and she said they are waiting for the spring grades so in two weeks from now probably, which is good because tomorrow is my last final and they won't get my transcript until the end of next week probably.
For the application cycle of 08, I guess now they are doing it thru Pharmcas right? I think that is actually good because I hated asking my professors for 1 regular LOR and the other ones thru the electronic system. Are you going to take the PCAT again? I am but I am planing to take it in October, I hope I don't have to take it...
Later

I'm not going to take the PCAT again, just took it in Jan '07 and it's the highlight of my application. I just don't want to have to go through the entire process again, but it'll be worth it in the end.

any body (those on waiting list)got any acceptance/ rejection letters yet?
I've been checking the mail everyday and I found nth.:(

From a call yesterday I found out that there's been no ranking of the waitlist. However, I think that some people are occasionally pulled off the list anyway. I also found out that nearly everyone has paid their deposit and know that to be at least 80 people as of a few weeks ago. Tick tock, I'm getting pretty antsy just waiting.

I just got my final grades and sent my transcript. They should be getting everyone's soon and finally rank the waiting list. My grades weren't too stellar (C's in Calc II and Organic II). Good luck to everyone and hopefully we will know soon where we stand!

I went into the admin office today to withdraw my application and get my $500 back, so that is one less on the waitlist. Of the ~80 who were waitlisted 60 sent in the deposit w/in the 3 week deadline. So those who didn't were automatically withdrawn, minus me equals 59 still on the list. It still isn't ranked, but applicants will be put in order based on GPA, PCAT, and an interview score. Good luck to all, I'm headed back to California (Touro).:)

I went into the admin office today to withdraw my application and get my $500 back, so that is one less on the waitlist. Of the ~80 who were waitlisted 60 sent in the deposit w/in the 3 week deadline. So those who didn't were automatically withdrawn, minus me equals 59 still on the list. It still isn't ranked, but applicants will be put in order based on GPA, PCAT, and an interview score. Good luck to all, I'm headed back to California (Touro).:)

Minus me too:) I posted earlier....... I withdrew my stuff after I got into howard....I got too scared this cycle about not getting in and i just don't wanna deal with waiting anymore...so I am committed to howard. I am from DC anyway so i'll be headed back.....:D

That will make 58 students on the waiting list. I wonder how many seats they have available??

i am jsut wondering how long temple gonna have us waiting...

I was just wondering when did you all applied last year to Temple?? Is it throught pharmcas now or is it their regular app:confused: What should my stats be?? Good luck to all those who are waiting. How many do they accept every year??

I applied sometime in the summer. I can't remember exactly when, but I think it was more towards the end. They are starting pharmcas for the class entering 2008 (it's on their website). I don't know exactly what the stats are to get in considering I haven't gotten in yet (still hoping!) My stats are 82 on pcat and GPA of 3.72. My grade point average is including an associates degree worth of A's in another major though. If they only look at the classes they require it would be about 3.49. I do also have a W, I don't know if that would lower it any. Good Luck.

Has anyone called or heard anything lately? I'm still checking the mail everyday and hoping for a miracle.

I am hoping for a miracle too!!!!
Should any of us call tomorrow? I am dying to call but as of last week nothing yet, I think I will call Tuesday. If any of you call tomorrow please let me know.
I want to know if there are actually any spots available too.
Thank you

i called today..the alternate list has not been ranked yet..they said,,not until mid of june. the guy also told me that they need to wait for deposites still...
i guess we have to wait more..
oh..the length of list is about 60..
good luck guys!!

yeah, i called today too, but the lady didn't give me any more info. 2 more weeks at least!! I just want to know my #.

hey, temple has their class of 158 students for the fall, so all of us on the waiting list are really just hoping somone withdraws .. but they do already have their class.

no more than 160, they sed the usual is 155-160

WOW that's a lot of seats............so basically apply through pharmcas and also fill out their supplement app. What were ur stats omnio??? Did u get an interview??? thanks so much:)

Called today, they won't rank us until the end of the month. As of right no seats area available.
I am losing my hopes :(

can someone explain to me this pharmcas coz i duno wut it is

Hey everybody,

I just called and asked if we were ranked yet. The woman who answered said "I don't think so, you can try and call back next week." Has anyone heard anything lately? Did anyone else get in? I guess I'll call again next week. Until then....