Temple was SWEET!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superfinger45

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed out there on friday...this school was sweet! Anyone else as excited about this school as I am?

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations! glad to hear you had such a great time...:)

do you mind posting some feedback please??

I interviewed in Sept, and loved it. So far its my favorite.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was excited about it too when I left!! It's a great school esp. if you want to specialize into oral surgery...

I was excited about it too when I left!! It's a great school esp. if you want to specialize into oral surgery...

really? i thought their speciality rate was low... but i heard their
facilities were great.

Actually, I'm not sure if it was low. Anyhow, I was chatting with some 4 year students who said if you wanted to specialize in oral surgery that temple was the way to go. And I also overheard a student say he just got into an ortho program. You get enough experience there with everything, I don't see how the rate is so low. They have their own spec programs so that gives their students a greater chance at specializing...
really? i thought their speciality rate was low... but i heard their
facilities were great.

My friend interviewed there recently and he said that he swears he heard the director say that they will only reject like 50 of the applicants before Dec. 1st. This doesn't sound right to me, but I was wondering if anyone else heard this. I recently interviewed there, loved it!!!, but never heard anything about how many Temple will interview before Dec 1st or how many they will reject during my interview. Any thoughts would be nice.

I just hope they don't fill their class before Dec1st, b/ce mine is in january.:D
But in a practical manner, if it true that they will only reject 50 students before dec1st, then we can estimate the number of students they interviewed so far as 500 which will leave us 450. And I don't think they will take all of these students, so my deduction from this is that they will probably cut more than 50 students before Dec1st even if they decide to fill their class by Dec1st ( which sucks for us). In anycase good luck.

Couldn't be sweeter then UoP. I only say that because right after my tour, a lady approached me, dumped UoP branded candy into my hands and told me to go there.

Sweet indeed!

Couldn't be sweeter then UoP. I only say that because right after my tour, a lady approached me, dumped UoP branded candy into my hands and told me to go there.

Sweet indeed!

Your new avatar is extremely sexy.

I interviewed out there on friday...this school was sweet! Anyone else as excited about this school as I am?

I'm glad u like the school. I interviewed there last cycle and Brian was great. What a great clinically focused school. About the only sad thing is the neighborhood Temple is in, it is really bad. I wish u the best.

I think the fact that the neigborhood is so bad is one of the things that makes temple so good. Their clinical is second to none! If they were located in the nicest part of town, the clinical would suffer, IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the fact that the neigborhood is so bad is one of the things that makes temple so good. Their clinical is second to none! If they were located in the nicest part of town, the clinical would suffer, IMO.

mmm I dunno. At my interview, I spoke to D3s and D4s and they kind of rolled their eyes to that and siad that most ppl in this neighborhood are coming in when they are in pain because they have higher priorities then dental care. As a consequence, a lot of the work is pulling out rooted out teeth and major fillings. Another complaint I also heard was that there are a lot of No-shows so quite often they will book 3 ppl for 2 time slots.

the neighborhood Temple is in, it is really bad.

Naw, it is exciting! I have left the school plenty of times at 8pm and it is like a calm neighborhood. i see more cops than thugs...

Today I saw a guy getting pulled out of his car and cuffed up. The car was a sweet caddy with 22 inch blue dubs. It was very exciting. I even had my camera...but sadly did not take a picture.

My friend interviewed there recently and he said that he swears he heard the director say that they will only reject like 50 of the applicants before Dec. 1st. This doesn't sound right to me, but I was wondering if anyone else heard this. I recently interviewed there, loved it!!!, but never heard anything about how many Temple will interview before Dec 1st or how many they will reject during my interview. Any thoughts would be nice.

I have seen this number (200/300) here before and Brian told us at our interview that there was 300 ppl interviewed before Dec 1 and 200 acceptances would be sent out for dec 1 (nov 28 actually he said). So 50 is wrong, 100 is right.

I'd like to share my opinion on an issue with all of u. When all of u get accepted on that wonderful day, and you are eager to put down your deposit and fillout all those forms and such, please dont 4get to withdraw from all of the other schools that you KNOW you will not attendIf everyone can do this, it works out like a domino affect. That is, many people withdraw from positions that they are filling but wont occupy and then your favorite school has that special spot that you always wanted and you then take it. At the same time you drop the position that you put a deposit on initially and for someone else it may be thier dream spot. I think you can see where this is going.

Lets sing along now....."is a small world afterrr all.":love: :love:

The number that every predent should know is how many freshmen dental students graduate with their respective classmates in 4yrs, aka the attrition rate. This is key to understanding how supportive the school is in supporting their students. Before you all send in a deposit pack up for Philly, ask one of the administrators how many people are let go due to grades... You owe this to yourself to find this out before you attend any dental school. I wish you all the best.

All dental school rocks at this point. Except the one that I was rejected from, but only because I'm still a little sour which you can understand.. because I was told I was unwanted.

I have seen this number (200/300) here before and Brian told us at our interview that there was 300 ppl interviewed before Dec 1 and 200 acceptances would be sent out for dec 1 (nov 28 actually he said). So 50 is wrong, 100 is right.

These are the numbers Brian told me too. And so far Temple is the only school that I have left feeling excited about which is strange considering you get a security desk instead of a reception desk, do your own lab work instead of sending it out and the building isn't tiled and shiney like NYU and NOVA. NYU had so many good things but they did a TERRIBLE job of selling it. And the huge class size makes me nervous.

The number that every predent should know is how many freshmen dental students graduate with their respective classmates in 4yrs, aka the attrition rate. This is key to understanding how supportive the school is in supporting their students. Before you all send in a deposit pack up for Philly, ask one of the administrators how many people are let go due to grades... You owe this to yourself to find this out before you attend any dental school. I wish you all the best.

When I interviewed there the senior class was on pace to graduate 120/125. Temple Administration goes on and on about how they have a 98% graduation rate, and how those who don't graduate (for the most part) are those that choose to leave dental school on their own. I don't really know how you can go to a much more supportive school. Temple has the best clinic in the nation, an excellent match rate (over 90%, but a lot of those are just into 1-year residency programs) and they are willing to do everything they can to help you graduate (in my experience the professors are more than willing to sit down with you and help you understand what is going on. In pre-clinic there are a couple that seem like they are just trying to screw you, but once you get to know them you see that they are just trying to help you become better. I haven't gotten the feeling that any of them are out to "screw" you or make you fail or put you through any type of "rite of passage." Just my personal experience).

When I interviewed there the senior class was on pace to graduate 120/125. Temple Administration goes on and on about how they have a 98% graduation rate, and how those who don't graduate (for the most part) are those that choose to leave dental school on their own. I don't really know how you can go to a much more supportive school. Temple has the best clinic in the nation, an excellent match rate (over 90%, but a lot of those are just into 1-year residency programs) and they are willing to do everything they can to help you graduate (in my experience the professors are more than willing to sit down with you and help you understand what is going on. In pre-clinic there are a couple that seem like they are just trying to screw you, but once you get to know them you see that they are just trying to help you become better. I haven't gotten the feeling that any of them are out to "screw" you or make you fail or put you through any type of "rite of passage." Just my personal experience).

music to my ears

me too love the school..can't wait to hear from them...

I loved the school also, but was a little disturbed by the fact that two D4s went out of their way to tell my group NOT to come there. They said the school works the heck out of students to make more money,way more than other schools, hence the "clinically competent" cover-up....this is not my opinion, but 2 experienced students sure felt that way.

I loved the school also, but was a little disturbed by the fact that two D4s went out of their way to tell my group NOT to come there. They said the school works the heck out of students to make more money,way more than other schools, hence the "clinically competent" cover-up....this is not my opinion, but 2 experienced students sure felt that way.

Honestly, this is what you want from a school. You need to get used to this mentality so you can pay back your bills. You are going to graduate from dental school with hundreds of thousands of dollars in the hole. If you decide to associate, then your boss will treat you the same way, only they will want you to do 10 times as much work as Temple does.

If you decide to throw up your own shingle, then add another couple hundred thousand to your debt and you will feel the pressure to do ten times the amount of work Temple required from you. This is called life. You should go to the school that best prepares you for life. And Temple is one of the best schools that will prepare you for the challenges you will face when you graduate.

This may be true, and I am not in their shoes nor will I be in 3 years, but you will get this poor attitude at ANY dental school in the nation.

Just like the counselor in your undergrad who told you you could never get into dental school. Listen to all view points and make a subjective opinion. So what? Temple makes you do 50 more procedures than other schools...that's supposed to suck?

If Temple only had the technology that I saw at Arizona the decision would be so easy.