Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ateeb T Khan

Pre Dental
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i hear all this good stuff about Temple being a very good clinical school, lot of patients, high clinic requirements.... is that it? what else...

So the high clinical requirements are good but are u taught things differently or something, some superior techniques (explain).

Can u change resident status from out of state to instate.

Thanking in advance,
Ateeb

Members don't see this ad.

temple facilities and surrounding areas are very ghetto....thats what i remember from my interview a few yrs ago....I didn't like it at all

But they supposedly have a good clinical program...."superior techniques" include doing class II's with one hand tied behind their back, crown preps while blindfolded, extractions with their bare hands.....yea its badass

Members don't see this ad :)
Facilities about to receive 26mill$ upgrade

Thats good to hear; cuz i remember last time i visited the school i was very disappointed in their clinics and chairs ... regardless i think it is still a very good clinical school...

Do they have a e-curriculum/dvd curriculum or they are 'old school' (books)?

Do they have a e-curriculum/dvd curriculum or they are 'old school' (books)?

You get a lot of experience here...they start you early doing fairly advanced operative procedures in pre-clinic. By the end of your first year you have already done class I-V amalgam preps and restorations, large cusp capping amalgam projects, pin placements, custom provisionals with implant abutments, class IV composite restorations (very difficult to do right aesthetically), all kinds of composites, crown preps, and a gold crown casting projects. We do use blackboard and computerized lecture formats (powerpoint, pdf, ect), but we always have a good textbook for reference. We are assigned readings in books, yes old fashioned i guess - but I prefer it over the dvd stuff. Basically our curriculum does not skimp on didactics, but we are expected to perform at high standards in the pre-clinic.