Temple's Westeren PA campus program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anmol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!! I'm new here. This sight is really good, I've been coming on for like a year, but I would always just read. I finally decided to register and start posting things. I feel like I really need the support that SDN gives to everyone. I am applying for the second time and I must get in!!! LOL. But here's my question,

Temple's secondary asks if we want to participate in any of the following programs, MD/PhD, MD/MBA... and The Western PA Clinical Campus. Now I know that Temple has a western PA clinical campus, and I'm assuming that it's program simply means that if I get in I will be at that campus for the lats 2 years of med school. If anyone knows about this program, can you guys let me know. I dont want to check the box if not getting in this program could mean a rejection from temple altogether. Also, are there any requirements for it like gradewise or anything. Lemme know. Thanx guys!!

Anmol (pronounced un-mole= hindi for priceless)

Members don't see this ad.

it's worth a try.

The program that your referring to was designed so that you can complete your 3rd and 4th years at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh. Obviously, you have to complete your 1st and 2nd at Temple.

To answer your second question, I don't know if you're making it more difficult for yourself or not by applying to this program. I can tell you that in previous years, applications to this program were down. Because word of that got out, applications to this program went through the roof...or so I heard?!

Additionally, say for instance that you decided not to do this program. If later on you decide that you would like to, you could probably switch into it. I think that you need to find someone who want to switch out of it however. I tell you this because I was at the ribbon cutting ceremony for this program and that was a question that I asked the rep. from Temple.

I hope that helps. Now if I could only end world hunger .
:laugh:

Hey Pitt Panther and Community

thanx for your replies. I am still contemplating however if I should check the box cuz I still dont know if it affects my chances of getting in the school at all. I guess I'll call them Monday and ask about it. Thanx again

Anmol