Tennessee Jobs (DR)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Womb Raider

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a current DR resident in my last year. Will be doing a 1 year neuro fellowship. Wife and I are thinking of places we want to end up after training, and Tennessee (specifically Knoxville) is up there on the list.

Was hoping someone here had some insight to radiology practices in Tennessee. Don’t see any job postings for Knoxville on the ABR board, and almost all of them are in Nashville. Anyone here familiar with the groups there? Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to private message me.
 
I’m a current DR resident in my last year. Will be doing a 1 year neuro fellowship. Wife and I are thinking of places we want to end up after training, and Tennessee (specifically Knoxville) is up there on the list.

Was hoping someone here had some insight to radiology practices in Tennessee. Don’t see any job postings for Knoxville on the ABR board, and almost all of them are in Nashville. Anyone here familiar with the groups there? Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to private message me.

5 years is a long time. Who knows what the market will be like. Things are wide open now. Tele jobs are becoming better so you can live anywhere. Personally if things remain status quo, I would consider living out of state for your fellowship just to experience life elsewhere before settling down. I did this and never returned, but to be fair TN has a solid QOL (much better than my neck of the woods)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with above.

I always regret that after fellowship I didn't take a cush job in a mega city like SF or NY or Chicago or LA to experience a different kind of lifestyle at least for 2-3 years. We didn't have kids for the first few years after I was done so it was a perfect opportunity to go through a few life experiences. Once you have kids, your life is not yours anymore. I love my kids but life is totally different when you have a family.
 
I agree with above.

I always regret that after fellowship I didn't take a cush job in a mega city like SF or NY or Chicago or LA to experience a different kind of lifestyle at least for 2-3 years. We didn't have kids for the first few years after I was done so it was a perfect opportunity to go through a few life experiences. Once you have kids, your life is not yours anymore. I love my kids but life is totally different when you have a family.
Agree with the altered lifestyle with kids. Difficult to grasp until you do it.

That said, are there cush jobs in major metro areas?
 
Agree with the altered lifestyle with kids. Difficult to grasp until you do it.

That said, are there cush jobs in major metro areas?

Yes. Plenty unless you feel the peer pressure to make certain amount or joint a certain practice.

Lots of per diem jobs in big cities that you can work 3 days a week and still make enough money to have a good life.
VA jobs, part time jobs and etc.

Many groups are looking for someone who reads for them even remotely a few hours a day or 2-3 days a week.